GET~R~DONE Dev Team announcement Current LIST OF WORKING d2 ROMS

sudod2g

Reaction score
I changed the check for liberty toolbox. Let me know if the one from the market works without having to change the build.prop.
jrummy16 haha just soft bricked my phone, haha guess i should have double checked the build.prop syntax on my desktop before rebooting device. When i get it back up I will let you know if it works.

Ok flashed the D2G_Romer_v4.zip on top of Liberty 1.5 which brought me back to the generic build.prop buryboi put together. Installed the liberty toolbox from market the "Old Version!" error still pops up, of course i double checked un-installed then reinstalled no dice same error. The app still has many usable features , it just wont download themes.

THEMES for Liberty 1.5 on D2G
I have been unable to install themes using the Liberty tools app. The app was not downloading the file, it would just boot into clockwork which would report file not found.

WORK AROUND, NOT A FIX:
So I downloaded the linear theme put it into the sdcard/liberty/downloads folder then selected that theme in liberty tools and it quickly booted into clockwork and installed file. After it rebooted the theme was installed and works ok after disabling proximity sensors again.

Not sure if this is a d2g global specific problem. I have not seen any other post on this issue so must be d2g specific. any ideas?

AFTER INSTALLING A NEW THEME YOU MUST FLASH THE D2G_Sensor.zip AGAIN.

Thanks to the LIBERTY TEAM and GET-R-DONE TEAM.

Last edited:
OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
bur Boi just emailed you those Questions Bro

THANKS JRUMMY YOU ARE NOW TRULEY GLOBAL EBEN KNOW YOU WERE B4 LOL

sudod2g

Reaction score
Sbf

tried to flash Apex with romer v.5 boot looped, could not access clockwork I had to SBF now back to stock. Just thought I would let people know see if anyone had the same problem?

GET~R~DONE Dev Team announcement Current LIST OF WORKING d2 ROMS

Note the people who have tried the GET~R~DONE romer has reported that after system/wipe & Cache Wipe & they boot the rom of there choice & sign into there Google Account The apps dont restore but this can be solved very easily Go to the market before you start this process go to the android market & download Titanium Back up why your ad it buy the Titanium Back up pro from the market & support this great App/Dev for his hard work for making this app that makes all are idea's easier.I recommend you to try Any of these Excellent roms.

THESE ROMS WORK WITH THE d2G Romer

1.Liberty ROM D2
2.ULTIMATE DROID 2 NIGHTLY's/ALL RC's TESTED MYself
3.Apex
4.squidlymandingo
5.Epic - D2

These roms have been tested by me & all flashed to my D2g Working great With all Extras works on all roms

Liberty Rom- When you go to the liberty tool box it says you do not have the latest liberty rom & tool box will not work ...it will work all features of liberty its because the tool box is reading your devices rom as the d2g-romer so Liberty works 100%.

Utimate droid For D2 with the Get~R~Done romer works awome all nightly's/Rc's Work with all features .

Apex- I ran into no problems ran it for 12 hours No issues Ran into.

squidlymandingo- This rom is running well with all features ......The only SCRIPTS THAT YOU should not use are the O/C ones that follows as
these scripts o/c 1.1,1.2,1.3,1.4,1.45 as the D2g Runs are different FREQ Than the D2.

Epic - D2- ran this rom for 12 hours no problems @ all.

On a side Note The GET~R~DONE DEV TEAM WILL BE UNDERTAKING A NEW PROJECT .......

THIS PROJECT WILL NOT TAKE US FROM THE RESEARCHING THE SENSOR ISSUE WITH THE D2 Roms ...But this is the Next step for
The GET~R~Done Dev team to really make a impact on the D2G community
We have made are presence made in these last 2 short weeks
but we will be working on something That will make us stand out in the Community.

We will be getting testers from are dev site so if you are signed up you have a chance to be a tester if you are not signed up then you shoot on over & sign up more details will be posted @ are dev site in the next week or so & also updates will be funneling Around Here @ DF

You ask what are Project is ....It is top secret but you will be Informed about it when we have a RC Ready after the testers get a chance to get it & test it & run it through the runs

dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
It happened to me also with Apex 1.4, also left a post on the release thread for it.... ill try to mess with it a little tommorow and see if I can get it running.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
droidtwoglobalgetrdonedevteam.webs.com
IIRC, when I flashed Apex it bootlooped at the bootanimation, I had to hold x (to get to factory recovery) press keyboard search and wipe data/factory reset. Then it booted after a very long time on the bootanimation.

Apex is missing some key elements (phone.apk and I don't know what else), so it has to be flashed over something else.

Just to be clear, was Apex working prior to v5, and not on v5 or has Apex always been glitchy (which is what I suspect)?

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
IIRC, when I flashed Apex it bootlooped at the bootanimation, I had to hold x (to get to factory recovery) press keyboard search and wipe data/factory reset. Then it booted after a very long time on the bootanimation.

Apex is missing some key elements (phone.apk and I don't know what else), so it has to be flashed over something else.

Just to be clear, was Apex working prior to v5, and not on v5 or has Apex always been glitchy (which is what I suspect)?

I did that too and it still bootlooped. I flashed over both Liberty 1.0 and stock so im not sure..... i was gonna try putting the romer files into, rezip, and try it when i get home after school.

sudod2g

Reaction score

I did that too and it still bootlooped. I flashed over both Liberty 1.0 and stock so im not sure..... i was gonna try putting the romer files into, rezip, and try it when i get home after school.

I am going to assume that the rommer package flashes over some apex dependent system files, I am going to look at the apex rom and your rommer package and see if I can swap out some files. Right now I am at work running stock. When I get home I will mess with it. Can't SBF at work, stupid gov computers.

Buryboi I would like to help test your top secret project or what ever you guys need if possible?

Big thanks to Get r done dev team

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Alrighty.... tried to flash Apex 1.4 again and bootlooped again. Tried it thinking third time might be the charm but it wasnt. Did everything you said and left it on the boot screen for 30 minutes and nothing.

Have now flashed over stock, Liberty 1.0, and Fission and none of them worked.

I have used v1 and v5 and neither worked so im assuming its always been buggy.....

Wozzy, might want to add that Apex 1.4 doesnt work to the first post so that we dont have people bricking left and right trying to flash and then complaining.....

TinMan09

Reaction score
Its odd, not sure if this is a fix that yall did, but i'm running liberty with mysterious beast theme, my sensors are on and its working perfect. no reboot when the screen shuts off or anything. appears the only time it freezes is when its syncing and the screen goes off and you try to cut it back on, but wait until the syncing stops, say 5 or 10 minutes and the screen comes back on just fine...

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
@tinman09, Is it plugged in by chance?
I read that and got all excited so I wiped system, data and cache, flashed liberty 1.5, flashed d2g Romer v5, booted into Liberty, downloaded the mysterious beast theme (manually from droid2files because the toolbox wouldn't download it), flashed the theme, flashed to enable sensors then booted back into liberty, turned off sync and....still soft reset.

I wonder if it has anything to do with you being on GSM?

There have been a few reports of sensors working now (another user flashed a different boot logo) then enabled sensors and it worked.

Funny thing is, I'd hoped by releasing this people would actively try to figure out the sensors, and while I'm sure some are, it seems like the best "fixes" have just been stumbled upon.

Hopefully though, one of them will be re-createable and get incorporated as the cure.

Thanks everybody for trying it out!

P.S. I'm sitting on a v6 right now, but the only benefit is that it's half the size of v5, I just figure people are getting tired of updates every 5 minutes. Hopefully before I release it we'll (collectively) fix the sensors. I put a call out to D2 devs in their rom forum, so maybe it will catch someones eye.

Last edited:

TinMan09

Reaction score
ive got the android flame boot logo on it as well. maybe that has something to do with it? idk for sure though. im no developer or anything, couldnt tell you how to change files or even look at them like yall are. i just mess with a lot of things that look interesting and sometimes dig into bin files i shouldnt be. idk whats making it work, its not plugged in though and so far sync is whats locking it down. ill update if anything new occurs.

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
Believe me man, I'm no dev either, I just finagled around until I got it to work...tested it internally, had a few other's test it and released it.

If you don't mind, what steps did you take to flash the rom...ie wipe/no wipe, what order, did you boot then go back into recovery to enable sensors, what Romer version...etc, anything that might be helpful (or even what you think maybe wont be helpful.)

Thanks, and as far as I know, your the only GSM user, so data is working right?

TinMan09

Reaction score
ive made it a habit to reboot after each flash. i.e. i mounted /system, flashed liberty, reboot, back to recovery, flash d2g romer, reboot, recovery, flashed sensors (because i didnt know v5 had it built in already), reboot, recovery flashed mysterious beast, reboot, liberty tools to do the boot logo and it rebooted itself. then was wondering why my sensors were on but i played with it, i sat it down to do some work, screen shut off and didnt reboot, it stayed off and when i hit the power button it woke up just fine.