Good smart actions setup?

joemeigs8

Can someone tell me how they have their smart actions set up because I see people saying they can get two days on one charge with the og razr. I usually get about 12 hours on one charge.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

blake28

Honestly, I only get about 12 to 15 hours on my razr when using smart actions.

Thats with about 3 hrs screen time and moderate to heavy use.

I'm actually going to stop using SA and c how long u get out of my battery. Because I use SA to turn data on and off and for other things as well, but I was having a lot of issues with 4g going in and out. However for the last couple of days that I haven't use the app, my 4g has been great.

So I think when SA would toggle my data on and off every time my screen would come on, it was causing a lot of issues.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
You can get two days if you hardly touch your phone, use Wi-Fi, and use 3g instead of 4g.

The most I've gotten out of my maxx's is 32-36 hours, and they were at 15% or less at that time.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

boynblu

Heres a screenshot of mine...I have been on ICS for about a week..... I noticed that the battery life didnt seem to be as good as it was with GB. I then saw where global was on so I turned on LTE/CDMA and then set a couple of smart actions....have a home setting that turns off data and uses my wifi and a battery saver above is after some moderate usage... no streaming movies but plenty of phone calls, texting, life360 monitoring, photo taking, blogging, facebooking, and of course droid forum reading...lol not to mention playing with ICS... :)

View attachment 52043

cece5702

94lt1 said:
You can get two days if you hardly touch your phone, use Wi-Fi, and use 3g instead of 4g.

The most I've gotten out of my maxx's is 32-36 hours, and they were at 15% or less at that time.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

How can I use 3G now? It doesn't give us that option to select CDMA only anymore. Any help would be appreciated :)

xtor

cece5702 said:
How can I use 3G now? It doesn't give us that option to select CDMA only anymore. Any help would be appreciated :)

Down load app lte on/off for tbolt, setting is cdma auto(prl)

point of origin

jrpbulk

boy in blue,

what do you mean by global and can you tell us about your smart actions?,

are you still use smart actions before the recent upgrade and things were great now my smart actions aren't working as well as before and I am getting less battery, I am getting 15 hours or so when I use to get at least a day

zomnomnombie

This is mine. 4g, wifi, GPS, auto-brightness and background data constantly on.

The only smart actions I use go into effect at 20% battery (dims screen, turns off GPS, etc).

boynblu

boy in blue,

what do you mean by global and can you tell us about your smart actions?,

are you still use smart actions before the recent upgrade and things were great now my smart actions aren't working as well as before and I am getting less battery, I am getting 15 hours or so when I use to get at least a day

Jbulk....this is what my battery looks like for today...... global was automatically set in ICS.... if you go under settings and goto network and select CDMA/LTE instead of global. Global is for international use and Im not sure but i think it continually looks for a global frequency causing battery use. I may be completely off base but it was worth a shot. As far as my Smart Actions I have battery extender which when the phone is charging, has no movement, and the display is off, it disables sync, background data, gps, wifi, and turns on task manager. The other is home zone which detects when I am home and turns off data and turns on wifi as well as turns up phone ringer and turns display down. I hope this helps....

JerrysDroid

is there a Smart actions manual?

Re: "Good Smart Actions Setups", has anyone gone through and made a list of all the possible choices associated with each trigger or action? Something you can study to plan out setting up of Smart Actions.

Moose381

I must be doing something right, but I don't know what it is. I see all these threads complaining about the battery, but mine is great. I'd say that my Maxx sees moderate use and I sometimes get as much as 3 days off a charge with 25-30% left (I have gone as long as 85 hours between charges, but that was with fairly light use). Right now I'm at 27 hours and still have 67% left. I leave 4G and wifi running all the time (except at night when I have a nightime battery saver smart action set. I leave my phone on 24-7 (I don't have a land line and my job requires that I be available always. I certainly have no complaints. :icon_ banana:dancedroidDancingNexus