Google Offering Free Pixel Replacements To Harvey Victims

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
wet-google-pixel-jpg.77877

In an over the top move Google has decided to offer relief support to Hurricane Harvey victims in the form of free Pixel replacement phones. One of the most frequent Pixel complaints was that it didn't ship with any type of water resistance. With record breaking amounts of rain much of Houston Texas found itself under water. Anyone among the devastating damage also likely lost their cell phone which wasn't water resistant.

While a cell phone may seem to be the least of a flood victim's worries it's just one more headache that these folks shouldn't have to deal with. Google feels their pain and has teamed up with uBreakiFix to provide free repairs on damaged Pixel and Pixel XL devices through September 30th. If your phone is non reparable it will be replaced. You will need to take your phone to one of the local shops to have it inspected and fixed/replaced. This is a great gesture from Google.

via ubreakifix.com

Attachments

• wet-google-pixel.jpg
    wet-google-pixel.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 2,335

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
was reading about this on another site a few minutes ago :) it is good of google to do this. bet there is a lot of damage phones. to bad the other companies are not doing it.

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Not to be devil's advocate, but without a phone...how are they supposed to know they can get their phones replaced? I hope Google has something up their sleeve to reach out to people that have quite literally "in the dark" right now.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Thanks Google! Good work... Maybe this can be extended to the hurricane Irma victims as well?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk