Gorilla Gadgets 3500mAh Extended Battery

hgrimberg

Reaction score
Does the Droid 2 global with this gorilla 3500 battery fit into the dock? (Not the car dock, just the regular dock) The dock comes with a part that can be taken out so that there is more room for the phone with this bigger battery (at least my dock). So, does it fit?

I bet the original Droid won't fit in either of the docks with this battery, will it. I've become dependent on both of them (car and desk)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

hgrimberg

Reaction score
Does the Droid 2 global with this gorilla 3500 battery fit into the dock? (Not the car dock, just the regular dock) The dock comes with a part that can be taken out so that there is more room for the phone with this bigger battery (at least my dock). So, does it fit?

I bet the original Droid won't fit in either of the docks with this battery, will it. I've become dependent on both of them (car and desk)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

cocoadog

Reaction score
Got one of the eBay 3500 batteries. It has been working great so far. About 18 hours of moderate / heavy use then when it gets to 5% another 7 - 8 hours.

Sent from my DROIDX

kz321

Reaction score
Guys, can you tell me what settings I should use for Battery Left Pro?

I have done one full drain already, now on the recharge.
Calibration: 100% calibrated

HELP: I have set Notification % and Widget Fuel Calculations to %mv instead of estimated time.

Should I have kept it on estimated time??? Because now its calculating exactly like my system battery is (they're always at the exact same %) so I have no idea what's going on and why this isn't doing so well!!

And yes, I've set up the 3500mah profile and everything!
Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

kz321

Reaction score
Great... whenever I charge it, the widget says the same percentage as the system battery
And whenever I don't have it charging, it'll be higher. For example, system says 50% and same with widget. But if I take it off charger, then it says 75%.

None of this is very convincing... can anyone who has gotten their Battery Left Pro meter to work well post instructions/settings they're using, please??

locoej

Reaction score
Great... whenever I charge it, the widget says the same percentage as the system battery
And whenever I don't have it charging, it'll be higher. For example, system says 50% and same with widget. But if I take it off charger, then it says 75%.

None of this is very convincing... can anyone who has gotten their Battery Left Pro meter to work well post instructions/settings they're using, please??

I don't like Battery Left Pro because I think it killed my battery more, so I just judge my Gorilla Gadget battery myself. Once the System hits 5%, then I know I have about 5-8 hours left till the phone actually dies.

hgrimberg

Reaction score

volsfan1965

Reaction score
gorilla gadget charging

I bought the GG and it does extend my battery time but I have a few ?'s
The charging time keeps getting shorter and shorter, Am I maybe making a mistake by going by what the battery usage percent says?
should I just keep using it when it says it only has 5% remaining?
Is there an app that will tell me whats left on the GG battery if I shouldnt be going by the stock %?

I removed my GG battery and reinstalled my stock battery and removed set cpu and I know get 19 hrs on stock battery but I want to go back to the GG

kz321

Reaction score
So far, lasted 34 hours on moderate usage. Meter fully calibrated, system says 5% more but battery left pro says 55% more.

Currently only on the 2nd discharge/recharge

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

hgrimberg

Reaction score

leobg

Reaction score
The gorilla thing makes phone so fat it can't fit in any official dock. Both docks have been designed to accept the official motorola extended battery (which adds about 2mm to the thickness of the phone). Confirmed by me :)

locoej

Reaction score
The gorilla thing makes phone so fat it can't fit in any official dock. Both docks have been designed to accept the official motorola extended battery (which adds about 2mm to the thickness of the phone). Confirmed by me :)

It may be fat, but well worth it! Its only made for people who are on their phones all day. Everyone complains on the size of the battery, if you don't like it then don't buy it. Plain simple lol.

gthotie5

Reaction score
I read through about half the thread and I have a couple questions.

1. In order to calibrate, do I have to actually drain the battery by regular use?
Or can I just use a bunch of apps turn on gps, wifi, brightness and all that good stuff to drain it faster?

2. Will the circle battery widget work with this battery?

So has anyone been able to either disable the blinking LED notification or change the battery settings so it will read the battery level correctly?

If not, I found the battery files in root explorer, they are located at:
sys/devices/platform/cpcap_battery/power_supply/battery

Could somebody come up with a work around? Sorry I'm not much of a dev

-CH1L1P3PP3R-
Nice find! Did you look through most of the folders on this device??

In regards to the stock battery life reader, I see no reason you cant edit the charge_full_design file with vi in terminal emulator to say 3500 for the new battery....I will be ordering one of the Gorilla batteries and I will test it out once I receive it. Unless someone else or Neverblu wants too?...

This is just a quick post while im in my Perl class ;) Ill do some more investigating of folders and files to see if there are any other battery folders.

Did anyone ever figure this out?

sidsub

Reaction score
I read through about half the thread and I have a couple questions.

1. In order to calibrate, do I have to actually drain the battery by regular use?
Or can I just use a bunch of apps turn on gps, wifi, brightness and all that good stuff to drain it faster?

I tried draining it quickly a couple of times as you suggested, and when I went back to normal usage, batteryleft thinks my battery is going to run out long before it really is. It was pretty much useless unless I was willing to dump the calibration and recalibrate. I don't really want to run it down all the way a bunch of times (for one thing, that shortens the battery life), so rather than go through that again, I gave up on it. I now just know I have plenty of battery life with the Gorilla battery and I leave it at that. If it gets down to 5% I know I still have a long way to go, but I start looking for a charger.

terrets

Reaction score
gthotie5 - No we never figured it out..One could theoretically take an sbf and edit the one file then actually flash the sbf..I havent tried it yet though. Lazy and no time :).
Also, you can turn extras on to make the battery drain faster. I dont see that harming anything or shortening the life.. I just suggest carrying the stock battery charged so when it does die you have that until you can get to a charger :)
If the circle battery widget can have its settings changed so it knows its reading a bigger battery, then it will read correctly.

Has anyone had any problems with this battery? It was shutting my phone off when I open/close the keyboard or shake the phone....It seems to be because the metal contacts on the battery are set so far back and are also falling sideways. :( I hope I can get a new one..