[Guide] Unlocking, Rooting, ROM'ing, and FAQ

HowardZ

Reaction score
View attachment 49226

This is what my command line looks like when entered. My phone is connected via USB and Unlocked in the HBOOT screen. Does my phone need to be in the FASTBOOT screen instead? Or am I entering in the command prompt wrong?

If the Ramon RA recovery file is in your current directory, then leave off (do not type) the "../"

Regards,

Howard

P.S. the "../" in front of a filename means the file is to be found one directory up in the directory/folder hierarchy.

Last edited:
OP
MrSmith317

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok My last response was a bit late. You basically combined two commands. Fastboot flash recovery and fastboot reboot-bootloader. Remove the fastboot reboot-bootloader off the end of your command and you're cool.

Last edited:

mpguzman04

Reaction score
Awesome, thank you for the one on one help. Just made it through the rooting process. Much appreciated Mr. Smith.

torch327

Reaction score
I don't have a pc and from what I have found so far I am by able to do anything other than install the leak.is this correct?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

torch327

Reaction score
Was supposed to be I am not ableto

OP
MrSmith317

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't have a pc and from what I have found so far I am by able to do anything other than install the leak.is this correct?

If you don't have a PC(that means Windows/Linux/Mac computer) then yes, the only thing you can do is install the leak. Download it from any number of sources, change the filename to PH98IMG.zip and put it on your removable(external) SD card, power off, power back on holding power and volume down. It will start the RUU process. You must do this twice. The first time never works and should be interrupted with a battery pull. The second time actually flashes the RUU.

torch327

Reaction score
Damn I didn't know about the battery pull.could explain some ofy issues.it reboots on its own sometimes and some app optimization every other time.since I already flashed twice am I able to restart process or am I stuck until I get a pc?

OP
MrSmith317

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
If you flashed twice and you can boot you're done. Some people claim there's a random reboot issue, others have had none. So I can't say. I'm not on the leak, I'm on CleanROM which is based on the leak but works ..

torch327

Reaction score
Thanks for your help mrsmith.guess ill have to throw together a cheap pc so I can to.Ker with all this.

bobh12362

Reaction score
Non-rooted flash to ICS works

Thanks for the info. I upgraded w/o ever connecting to a pc, or even having a sim card in, while connected to wifi. Stock Rezound, post fresh factory reset.
The links from the following page (with incomplete directions) http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/03/16/exclusive-download-android-4-0-build-3-11-605-22-for-the-htc-rezound/ wouldn't connect to working download pages, so I typed this address into Rezound browser:
http://i.minus.com/mbfFf1ZHwR/gallery.zip

Downloaded file, then with Astro - moved it to / of sd card2 and renamed it PH98IMG.zip, double checked md5.

Rebooted phone with vol/dn and power, it ran once and rebooted into an apparently working phone, but phone info still showed old firmware.
Rebooted phone with vol/dn and power again, it ran with all the checkmarks updating, then rebooted into upgraded phone.
Somewhere I read, and it seems to work: reboot phone while plugged into wall charger, then press and hold vol and power when charge light goes out momentarily - gets into recovery w/o battery pull.

Post upgrade, It seems like maybe the wifi isn't working on wpa2-psk security??, but it does connect to open network.

Thanks again for the more complete instructions posted here.

Now I think I'll jump into unlocking and nandroid, then flash cleanrom or such.

Bob

Last edited:

scy1192

Reaction score
I was just reading the unlocking FAQ. It might be useful to let people know they can output the console display to a text file by putting "> file.txt" at the end.

For example,
echo hello this is an example of text output > example.txt

will give you a text file named "example.txt" in your present working directory containing "hello this is an example of text output".

This makes it easier to copy and paste.

OP
MrSmith317

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I was just reading the unlocking FAQ. It might be useful to let people know they can output the console display to a text file by putting "> file.txt" at the end.

For example,
echo hello this is an example of text output > example.txt

will give you a text file named "example.txt" in your present working directory containing "hello this is an example of text output".

This makes it easier to copy and paste.

You can also do a " | clip" on Vista or better and the output is automatically copied to the clipboard. I like to keep things simple. And for some of the people that need these guides, getting the commands in properly is enough without adding on pipes and redirects.