HELP!!! My wife wants to return her RAZR for an iPhone!!

Reaction score
I'm not married but she shouldn't be like that. Its the thought that counts. My finance loves android I told her no bb or iphone on my cell plan. I won't pay for pieces of junk

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I'm not married but she shouldn't be like that. Its the thought that counts. My finance loves android I told her no bb or iphone on my cell plan. I won't pay for pieces of junk

Seriously, now you're being absurd. The iPhone is far from a piece of junk. Never had the BB so I can't rule on it. But honestly people, this is getting ridiculous.

Icyhot1966

Reaction score

I have a question. Have you ever owned an iPhone??? If you've owned one for 6 months or more then I can respect your decision to call it junk. But since the 4S has only been out for 2 months, I'm going to discount your close minded comment.

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
Jkhonea, you live in Snellville?? I'm not too far from you. I'm outside of Conyers.

bebeau25

Reaction score
The main reason that deterred my wife from the iPhone was having to pay for some apps that you get for free with android. A friend of hers at work just switched to apple from android and had regrets because of the apps she had to buy. Its just what I heard.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
M

magnus

Reaction score
Hey.....Thank you all so much.

I guess I'm going to see what she thinks of the Stratosphere (After I play with it a little).....if she likes it, then so be it.
If not, It'll have to be the iphone.

Honestly my biggest concern was losing the 'double your data' promotion.

It was also reassuring to know that 2G is good and I did forget about wifi.

This forum is the best!!!

Did you see that thread about somebody who thought he had bricked his GNex and somebody else walked him through it in the middle of the night (he actually did it for him taking control of his desktop) I was like WOW! That's awesome!

Thanks again

Victimssun

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Without getting off topic, ^ I was reading that through the day yesterday! He got it sorted out? That's awesome.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
The main reason that deterred my wife from the iPhone was having to pay for some apps that you get for free with android. A friend of hers at work just switched to apple from android and had regrets because of the apps she had to buy. Its just what I heard.

There are free apps and paid apps on Apple, just like Android. May also have been a factor of having to buy some apps again on Apple format instead of Android. There is a misconception from a lot of people that there are no free apps on Apple. That is very wrong.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Hey.....Thank you all so much.

I guess I'm going to see what she thinks of the Stratosphere (After I play with it a little).....if she likes it, then so be it.
If not, It'll have to be the iphone.

Honestly my biggest concern was losing the 'double your data' promotion.

It was also reassuring to know that 2G is good and I did forget about wifi.

This forum is the best!!!

Did you see that thread about somebody who thought he had bricked his GNex and somebody else walked him through it in the middle of the night (he actually did it for him taking control of his desktop) I was like WOW! That's awesome!

Thanks again

I was following your concern about losing the double your data promotion and was curious about that. What's the reason that you were told you would lose that promotion going with the iPhone? I haven't had to keep up with that so I wasn't sure what details they have tied into that. Seems like you would still be the same since you would still be keeping the data package.

I've been unlimited since I've been with them for years so honestly haven't kept up with all of the jockeying data that they have been doing.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Introduce her to the incredible 2. Phone is cheap in price, but awesome in performance. I gave my wife one and she loves it....

+! on the Incred 2. I finally talked by wife (screaming and yelling) from her old LG Envy to the Incred 2 and she absolutely loves it. And I have to be honest...it is a really good phone. If 4g is not a must, I don't think you can go wrong...and you keep her in the Android family.

OP
M

magnus

Reaction score
I was following your concern about losing the double your data promotion and was curious about that. What's the reason that you were told you would lose that promotion going with the iPhone? I haven't had to keep up with that so I wasn't sure what details they have tied into that. Seems like you would still be the same since you would still be keeping the data package.

I've been unlimited since I've been with them for years so honestly haven't kept up with all of the jockeying data that they have been doing.

Well to be fair the promotion does clearly say only for 4G phones which the iPhone is not. The article below sheds more light

www.mobileburn.com/17476/news/veriz...o-ease-3g-network-congestion-for-iphone-users

It appears the entire purpose of the promotion appears to be to clear bandwidth for iPhone users. I don't really blame them.....seems like a smart move. Clear bandwidth for current smartphone customers...gain a whole crop of new ones.

bebeau25

Reaction score
There are free apps and paid apps on Apple, just like Android. May also have been a factor of having to buy some apps again on Apple format instead of Android. There is a misconception from a lot of people that there are no free apps on Apple. That is very wrong.

I hear what your saying. I'm only going by what my friends at work are telling me who all have iPhones as well as my wife's coworkers. One of the main factors is the, correct me if I'm wrong, fact that you can get free music on android and not apple. I've never owned an apple product so I don't know if this is true. Just going by what I heard.

catfisher

Reaction score
My wife loves her iPhone. I am constantly ragging on her for owning a fruit phone with an iddy biddy screen. But...after all that fun...she likes it. It is said that iPhones are good for women and people who like standard functions. I know it hurts friend, but if she likes it u say the hell with it. Keep her happy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

snosamie6

Reaction score
This thread is excellent and hilarious. Speaking as a female? I have tiny hands and while juggling my RAZR isn't the easiest, this is the best phone I've played with/had. Make sure she has a grippy case and maybe get her a stylus (I use one for work on my phone and it makes the huge screen easier to deal with).