How do I install a ROM?

Saraph

Reaction score
N00b question, I know. How does one go about installing one? My Droid 2 is currently rooted but that's about it. Any tutorials for the Droid 2?

GoPackGo

Reaction score
Well, first don't make the same mistake I did. I didn't make a backup of my stock phone before making changes. If you didn't make a backup then if for some reason you had to restore your phone or unroot it, it would be a lot more complicated.
As for installing them, there should always be tutorials on the thread you download the rom from.

OP
S

Saraph

Reaction score
Well, first don't make the same mistake I did. I didn't make a backup of my stock phone before making changes. If you didn't make a backup then if for some reason you had to restore your phone or unroot it, it would be a lot more complicated.
As for installing them, there should always be tutorials on the thread you download the rom from.

Ok, installed clockwork and backing up now. The latest ROM release from MotaBoy seems like a good one, just deciding if I want the Clean or Super Clean ROM right now.

MNDuke

Reaction score
Start with clean, then move to superclean if you want more stuff removed

km58501

Reaction score
When you install a ROM do you have to reinstall all the apps that were previously installed?