how do i remove the delay when opening apps

boscher50

Reaction score
Okay so, I have two phones.
On my galaxy s4, I went in to the settings and somehow made it so when I navigate through the phone, it's instant... rather than delay like .2sec every time.

How do I find that same setting on the Droid Maxx / ultra whatever?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hmm. Not sure what setting that would be?? Maybe it's your "animations speed" ?? That would be in developer options.. But I'm doubting that's the setting...

Your maxx is experiencing lag? Have you cleaned your cache in the recovery menu?? That can sometimes help...

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
OK.. So it was the animations speed in developers options... I always turn mine off... But.. You have to keep them at .5 for the maxx/ultra.. The reason being is the dialer wouldn't respond correctly if you don't... You'll have to open.. Then close and reopen the dialer to get the dial pad to pop up...

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Same goes for the turbo

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Yeah, putting you're animations to zero makes a world of difference. The stock animations on Android are worthless anyways. It's one of the first things I do on any new device. If you want cool animations that won't slow down your device, use the ones that come with the more popular third party launchers. They are much more noticeable and won't cause nearly as much lag.

S5 tap'n