How to correctly unroot the Incredible

OP
doug piston

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can't. You need clockwork to flash s-on.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

OP
doug piston

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Dude, I freaking love you DOUG!

Umm I didn't even answer yet. But thanks. I love you too. :)

Edit: I have also now included in the OP the 3.26 build(which is newest) and the RUU for those who have troubles with the PB31IMG.

Last edited:

nerdkill

Reaction score
i'm trying to unroot my bosses dinc that's rooted on 2.1. all i want to do is get it up to whatever the newest update is and then root it again. i'm blown away by how difficult it is to root/unroot dincs. is this op the proper way to unroot, update, and then i can root again? sorry if i'm asking dumb questions, i'm just totally lost when it comes to dincs.

OP
doug piston

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This will unroot and give you the newest software released by VZW.

nerdkill

Reaction score

and then i can just use unrevoked and root again? also is he going to lose everything as in a wipe? or is it just like getting and update.

OP
doug piston

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

and then i can just use unrevoked and root again? also is he going to lose everything as in a wipe? or is it just like getting and update.

Yes you'll lose everything, but there is no need to unroot to get the OTA

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ahh, Doug, I was just about to answer but you beat me to it!

Make sure your boss's contacts are saved as gmail contacts or Backup Assistant and they'll sync right back up once the phone comes back up.

tamccain

Reaction score
Call me a complete novice if you would like, but I need a little more information on working with the Clockwork Recovery. Do I need to put that file on my phone somewhere in order to flash it with Clockwork Recovery?

The reason I am asking is I need to unroot my device so I can take it to a local Verizon store. I have some problems with the touchscreen.

EDIT: Also, I just want to make sure, because it seemed a little vague, these instructions are also for the SLCD version of the Incredible, right?

Last edited:

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You are correct- the instructions work for both SLCD and AMOLED versions of the device.

frmBBzero2dro1dher0

Reaction score
hey thanks doug.....now i can dl the update and stop getting the pesky update message....i left s on cause i want to re root it when im done with the update

thanks again bud

jm98224

Reaction score
So I have the new SLCD screen, but nowhere in the other posts did it say that the older unroot method would give me a black screen. So how do I fix that? Or is the phone completely useless now? If it's useless, will Verizon be able to tell that it was rooted if they can get the phone to display something?

OP
doug piston

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So I have the new SLCD screen, but nowhere in the other posts did it say that the older unroot method would give me a black screen. So how do I fix that? Or is the phone completely useless now? If it's useless, will Verizon be able to tell that it was rooted if they can get the phone to display something?

There are posts on this forum about how bad it is.

Regardless follow the RUU method in the OP of this thread and should get you up and running again.