[HOW TO] Restore your Motorola Droid 4 (XT894) to stock [Windows Only]

*XxChocoTacoxX

Reaction score
Anyone have the applications required to do this process in Linux? I had the required apps for my D2, but not the D4.

The first time I tried this, I came into my Windows partition and had it going just fine. It was late after work (like 3am when I started) so I fell asleep waiting for it to finish. When I woke up a about an hour or 2 later, Windows had decided to put my computer to sleep at some point in time and hosed the flash. Because it was sitting there so long the phone battery died and I had to order a Factory Cable just to be able to attempt to fix it again. I'd like to be able to do this in my native environment instead of having to switch OSes every time. Thanks!

PS: Also, anyone know which step in the process takes the longest? I know it's supposed to take 30 - 40 mins, but mine flies through steps 1 - 11 then sits at 12 for a VERY long time. Is this normal?

Ok, to respond to my own post-script since I can no longer edit my old post, it seems that the longest steps are 16 and 17 (preinstall and webtop). The ones before that seem to fly by. The last one is just rebooting.

Also, one other thing I noticed is that after my phone failed the first time and I got the factory cable to re-flash, the process kept getting stuck at the same spot the failed flash stopped at when the computer went to sleep. It was stopping every time for me at step 12. I let the phone and computer sit for about 2 hours and it was at the same spot the whole time. Nothing was frozen however because all applications showed activity and progress, but nothing was happening. So I grabbed the other xml file (v.215) and flashed that over. That one completed successfully and I was able to get into the OS and everything. So, completing that, I went and retried v.219. It hung for a couple of minutes on step 12 again but then continued successfully.

So, in conclusion, if your flash freezes and continually fails to make progress on multiple attempts, try flashing with a different version.

oicacid

Reaction score
Props to verizon for putting two holes for wires into the battery so we could externally charge it, with a label too! Yeah All the steps and then some, I made sure to use a usb cable go figure they were in short supply this time.

So, in conclusion, if your flash freezes and continually fails to make progress on multiple attempts, try flashing with a different version.

jay27

Reaction score
I need help resetting my droid 4 bought it rooted running ics wanting to put it back to factory some things on it isnt working right like browser sometimes and pic quality

outsid0r

Reaction score
I need help resetting my droid 4 bought it rooted running ics wanting to put it back to factory some things on it isnt working right like browser sometimes and pic quality
you cant go back to stock from a leak.

djk_dnb

Reaction score
Thank you, SGMD1

Hey there, SGMD1, = )

I just wanted to say thanks for these super useful ups and for including the great instructions as well. Within just 3 hours of picking up my Droid 4, I used Dan Rosenberg's Motofail to root. At the time, I was so excited about it that I failed to consider how I would undo it in the event I needed warranty service which is now the case. Thanks again!

peace, = )
djk

Reaction score
There is no better feeling than that one you get when you see the little android popping out of the box show up on your screen after you did something stupid. Thank you very much. BTW, this works at 60% battery.

JamesyCakes

Reaction score
Would this help fix my issue with OTA install failure? My droid 4 gets to 25% on install for ics and then it fails trying to figure out what i can do ive already tried factory restore via power button and volume hold and select recovery

Zero5295

Reaction score
How can I sbf to .219 on a mac? I installed Busybox on my phone, which edited some /system files so I have to fastboot. I don't have access to a Windows machine nor Linux. PLEASE HELP!! I'm rooted, uninstalled Safestrap, and the root is protected via the rootkeeper we all know about.

droidbound

Reaction score
Would this help fix my issue with OTA install failure? My droid 4 gets to 25% on install for ics and then it fails trying to figure out what i can do ive already tried factory restore via power button and volume hold and select recovery

It did it for me!!

Assassins_empire

Reaction score
I have tired this and it is not working out as easy as i thought it would. Im good with everything up until the decompressing i keep getting this message and im not sure on how to get past it.

Error!!!!!
Failed to create allow-mbmloader-flashing-mbm.bin
Please check if the file path is too long to create or if there is enough free disk space.

Can someone guide me to get this to work.. Thank you

Edit: Re downloaded and it work flawless

Zero5295

Reaction score
Just to let you guys know, I was able to lay my hands on a Windows computer and fix my phone! I had to make a Motorola factory cable to do the flashing b/c my phone ran out of power, but it's all good now and I love my phone all over again! Thanks to everyone who helped me out!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2