[How To] Unlock Bootloader & Root Galaxy Nexus

MonKENy

Reaction score
DancingNexus theres no bird flipping emote, but yeah. Had skipped overriding the drivers with pda that was mu fault. It was smooth as silk after that.

Thanks for the guide!

Ok seems like the root didnt take. What do I do? I tried doing your run the root.bat again waiting and pulling battery. It didnt help

Last edited:

Str8Aro

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Do you have "superuser" in your apps tray as stated in Step 22?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
DancingNexus theres no bird flipping emote, but yeah. Had skipped overriding the drivers with pda that was mu fault. It was smooth as silk after that.

Thanks for the guide!

Ok seems like the root didnt take. What do I do? I tried doing your run the root.bat again waiting and pulling battery. It didnt help

That root.bat file won't root 4.0.4. You need the latest su.zip and can just flash it through recovery. If you don't already have a recovery, you can fastboot one.

MonKENy

Reaction score
im going to use wug

that did it. Now i have 2 supusr apps. How do I delete the grey one w/the android on it?

Last edited:

Str8Aro

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
That root.bat file won't root 4.0.4. You need the latest su.zip and can just flash it through recovery. If you don't already have a recovery, you can fastboot one.

I didn't realize that the .bat hadn't been updated. He did just get his Nexus, didn't he. I used the recovery install method, myself. Had to move that pesky "recovery-from-boot.p-bak" file in order to keep my recovery, though.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I didn't realize that the .bat hadn't been updated. He did just get his Nexus, didn't he. I used the recovery install method, myself. Had to move that pesky "recovery-from-boot.p-bak" file in order to keep my recovery, though.

Haha. I know...first time stock recovery showed up after I fastbooted cwm, I was like wth? Otherwise, silky smooth process.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
that did it. Now i have 2 supusr apps. How do I delete the grey one w/the android on it?

I'm a little confused. Do you have superuser and supersu installed? If so, just uninstall superuser from the market if you want to keep supersu. If you want to keep superuser then open supersu and switch application. Then open superuser and update the binary. If I misunderstood you then please explain further.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

MonKENy

Reaction score
ok now I cant seem to flash a damn rom. I put them into my internal storage, but when I go under recovery they dont show up. Do I have to use something like clockworks or the stock recovery?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
ok now I cant seem to flash a damn rom. I put them into my internal storage, but when I go under recovery they dont show up. Do I have to use something like clockworks or the stock recovery?

You need clockwork. See the sticky for info!

Last edited:

MonKENy

Reaction score
i clockwork recovery but it was the DX so I doubt that works but I used rom manager and that seems to be doing the trick. Im done flashing jbsourcery im just wainting to see if it boot loops. Nothing else has gone right so why should this? I also DL the clockwork touch but how do I install an image?

looks like its bootlooping, been a few minutes still stuck on the X

yep 100% loop, goddammit im getting frustrated, taking me 3+ hrs to unlock, root and flash 1 damn rom

Last edited:

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
i clockwork recovery but it was the DX so I doubt that works but I used rom manager and that seems to be doing the trick. Im done flashing jbsourcery im just wainting to see if it boot loops. Nothing else has gone right so why should this? I also DL the clockwork touch but how do I install an image?

looks like its bootlooping, been a few minutes still stuck on the X

IMG files are installed through fastboot. You need to have the img saved where your fastboot is located and then you need to open command prompt and do this:

cd to/the/directory/where/img/is/saved

fastboot flash recovery nameofrecoveryfile.img (with your phone in fastboot mode)

As for your bootloop, did you wipe /data? Also, I recommend not using ROM manager.