[How To] Unlock Bootloader & Root Galaxy Nexus

JudyChop

Reaction score
Jelly Bean

Has anyone tested and know if this root method will work on a phone that has Jelly Bean?

Thanks

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
My question also...

Do everything in the guide except using the super boot.bat. I don't think its been updated for Jellybean. If you want to root JB, fast boot clockwork mod recovery and then flash the latest su.zip. Google sarch for supersu 0.96 and you should come across an XDA thread with the zip you can download and then flash through recovery.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

nubby

Reaction score
supersu

T
Do everything in the guide except using the super boot.bat. I don't think its been updated for Jellybean. If you want to root JB, fast boot clockwork mod recovery and then flash the latest su.zip. Google sarch for supersu 0.96 and you should come across an XDA thread with the zip you can download and then flash through recovery.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTEY

Found Supersu 0.96 apk The guide states superboot would create 12 files when unzipped. I cant find a zip though.

is supersu a .bat replacing super boot.bat?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
T

Found Supersu 0.96 apk The guide states superboot would create 12 files when unzipped. I cant find a zip though.

is supersu a .bat replacing super boot.bat?

No. I'm afraid you're a little confused. The superboot zip you download from SBenson's thread is still necessary to the process. Just don't use the superboot batch file within the zip. The supersu you found should be more than an apk. It should be a zip that you can flash through clockworkmod. If you can only find the apk, I'll link you later.

mrcooms

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if this tutorial will work after the latest OTA update? I didn't need to have my phone rooted before, as the only reason I ever wanted it was for the hotspot. I was using PDANet+ but this has quit working since the most recent update, so I am in a bit of a bind all of a sudden. I cancelled my cable internet as I got sick of their 50 bucks a month fee which they decided to raise to 55.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if this tutorial will work after the latest OTA update? I didn't need to have my phone rooted before, as the only reason I ever wanted it was for the hotspot. I was using PDANet+ but this has quit working since the most recent update, so I am in a bit of a bind all of a sudden. I cancelled my cable internet as I got sick of their 50 bucks a month fee which they decided to raise to 55.

For the most part it should still work, it doesn't look like the SU stuff has been updated in the OP (which I think would need to be updated).

[VZW/SPRINT/GSM][Guide] Ultimate Galaxy Nexus Guide (Unlock/Root/Flash Roms/FAQ) - Galaxy Nexus - RootzWiki <-- that guide would be more what I would recommend as it looks to have more up to date files.