HTC Weather/Clock app not finding current location

Aluminum21

for some reason now the clock is not finding my current location and just says "current location" and doesn't show the weather or date. But it is getting the weather for the other 4-5 cities I have saved including the city I live in. It's just that the current location isn't working. I tried removing the app and loading it again but it does nothing

Rich734

Happening here as well, for the last couple of days. Tried the "turn off and pull battery" trick and it's still trying to pull weather from a city about 100 miles away. The time even starts out in eastern time zone while I'm in the central time zone (about 50 miles away from the dividing line) though it does quickly get my correct local time. Oh yes...this even happens if I have my GPS turned on at shut down/start up.

eric.garcia_631

i also had the same problem. u have to relocate the gps. settings>>location>>check on GPS Satellites. the thing is ur incredible is getting your location depending on the wifi networks and the program is a little messed up right now. just give it some time.

Rich734

Tried that. It works in apps like maps and Trapster but NOT with the WX/clock app. It's still showing the wrong location. Maybe that app is only picking up location through the network and not the GPS signals?? This is frustrating and annoying.

Maybe it is a "system" thing; a coworker told me a few hours ago that her Moto Driod is showing her location as somewhere in Alabama instead of FL where we are!

kmo

lucke503>How did you delete it? Can't you just go into your programs and select "desk clock" and add it? On my home page it sits under my main screen, and I just tap to get there, don't know?

MiXoLoGiSt

I stopped using the Sense clock because the fact it was always saying i was in a different city. I wish they had a lot of cities so i could have just input my city manually and idnt have the clock trying to follow me and update the weather there.

PCTech

Weather displays current location instead of city

I had this problem. Fixed it by going to settings/location and found that VZW Location Services was unchecked. Checked it and the city displayed again.