Hyperion 3500mah Battery on Amazon

awdwhip

Reaction score
Sounds too good to be true but a the same time I don't want to throw away 15 dollars for something that might suck. Fwiw, It has one good review. click

mkopp88

Reaction score
I got the 1500 mah batteries from Hyperion and they work good

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

jseah

Reaction score
I just ordered one over the weekend from Amazon along with a Seidio Active case, and should be getting it this week. The way I figure it, even if the mAH rating is overrated and it only gets 80% of the stated capacity, it will still be 2800 mAH, which will be right around the OEM extended battery at 2750 mAH. For the price of $10, plus $5 for shipping, that will still be less than 1/2 of the price of the OEM battery, even with my 25% corporate discount on accessories with Verizon. The only thing I really don't like is the ugly sharp edges on the extended battery cover. But I figure since I will have a case on the phone anyway it will be hidden.

OP
A

awdwhip

Reaction score
I just ordered one over the weekend from Amazon along with a Seidio Active case, and should be getting it this week. The way I figure it, even if the mAH rating is overrated and it only gets 80% of the stated capacity, it will still be 2800 mAH, which will be right around the OEM extended battery at 2750 mAH. For the price of $10, plus $5 for shipping, that will still be less than 1/2 of the price of the OEM battery, even with my 25% corporate discount on accessories with Verizon. The only thing I really don't like is the ugly sharp edges on the extended battery cover. But I figure since I will have a case on the phone anyway it will be hidden.

Report back with your results. I'm looking forward to a possible "cheap" alternative.

jseah

Reaction score
It shipped yesterday from Michigan. Being sent via USPS, so my guess is that I will probably get it Friday or over the weekend.

geromy

Reaction score
Hyperion 3500 extended battery & cover

Below is my review to Amazon. This sums up my experience.

Just paid $35 for software to put movies on phone and bought an Invisible Sheild for $15 as my Otterbox doesn't fit the oversized battery. Plus the $15 for the battery, I am $65 into this. Tomorrow I leave on a long flight and was phsyched to watch movies with my new extended battery. So as I put the battery in to see what she could do . . . apparently NOTHING! That's right, NOTHING! No light to charge, doesn't turn on, NOTHING! It also came with a gray back cover, last I checked the EVO's don't come in gray.

By the way did I mention it did NOTHING!!!

jseah

Reaction score
OK, got the battery in the mail today. First impressions....

1. The battery cover is ok, not great. Finish is a little off. With the back on the phone, there is a slight mismatch on the bottom edge on one side (it has a slight raised lip). I suppose if you have a case on the phone you're not going to notice.

2. Same with the color. The color of the standard back, as well as the HTC branded extended battery back is a dark grey that contrasts with the slightly lighter grey of the phone. The color of this back is black.

3. The standard back, as well as the HTC branded extended battery back, has a clear plastic window to protect the dual LED's used as the camera flash. This back does not. It appears that the clear plastic windows on the HTC branded backs does serve a purpose (it appears to magnify the light coming from the LED?). Don't know if this will be a huge issue.

4. The battery cover does have metal contacts in the same place that the HTC one has (for the antenna), although the contacts is a redder, copper color (the one on the left side of the back that is flat looks slightly wrinkled like it is a piece of metallic tape rather than a strip of metal? On a side note, the HTC back looks similar (it seems the pins indent the metal contact).

5. The battery itself is the same thickness as the HTC extended battery, we'll see over the next few days if the extra 750 mAH is noticeable. Currently still have the phone on charged (although had to unplug it a few times to take calls). It currently shows 99% so I'll probably be unplugging it in about an hour or so. When I first put the battery in, battery widget showed 45% left on the battery. Had it plugged in for about an hour or so at home and it was up to 70%. It has been plugged in for another two hours or so now and it is at 99%.

jseah

Reaction score
Quick follow up. Unplugged phone at 100% this evening around 6:15. It has been 7 hours now and the battery is at 67%. With the stock battery, I would typically be down to around 67% after about 3-5 hours, depending on if I was in a 3G area or 4G area. I expect after a few days of charging/recharging the battery life should improve. I would hope that the battery life would at least double.

jseah

Reaction score
Update on my first full day of having the battery unplugged the whole day. Unplugged the phone from the charger at 8am with the battery at 100%. It is now a quarter after midnight and the battery widget shows the battery at 18%. A few observations......

1. When the battery was full, the battery seems to drop in level much faster. From 8 am to noon, the battery dropped 30%.

2. By 9 pm, the battery was down to 18%, however it is now over 3 hours later and the battery widget still shows 18%.

jseah

Reaction score
Battery ran out of juice last night and powered off at 2:30 am. 18-1/2 hours on the first full day of use. 17 hours to go from 100% down to below the 15% threshold where they warn you to plug the charger in. On the standard battery, the low battery warning would have kicked in after 8 hours.

jseah

Reaction score
Just a FYI. In my first impressions, I mentioned how the antenna contacts didn't look so good. Well, the battery cover isn't very good at all. I don't think the antenna contacts work very well. Using the battery cover that came with the battery, the phone will only connect with 1x. No 3G, no 4G. I've thrown it away and am using the HTC battery cover.

jseah

Reaction score
Yesterday I unplugged the battery at 9:30 am. Plugged it back in at 2:00 am and the battery was at 20% remaining.

OP
A

awdwhip

Reaction score
J
Yesterday I unplugged the battery at 9:30 am. Plugged it back in at 2:00 am and the battery was at 20% remaining.

Very nice. So the extended battery with a legitimate HTC extended battery door worked good for you?

Also, can you comment on how heavy you were using your phone? Ie. Games, phone calls, videos? Thanks!