Hyperion 3500mah Battery on Amazon

jseah

Reaction score
J
Yesterday I unplugged the battery at 9:30 am. Plugged it back in at 2:00 am and the battery was at 20% remaining.

Very nice. So the extended battery with a legitimate HTC extended battery door worked good for you?

Also, can you comment on how heavy you were using your phone? Ie. Games, phone calls, videos? Thanks!

Yeah, the legit HTC door works much better than the one I got with the battery. My usage is as follows:

1. Games - about an hour total over the course of the day (half hour before I go to bed and the remainder is about 10 minutes at a time at various times during the day)

2. Syncing 2 Yahoo email accounts and I get about 40 emails a day in total. My email accounts are set to sync every 15 minutes.

3. Sending and receiving about 50 texts a day

4. About 1 hour of phone calls total over the course of the day

5. Have the NY Daily News widget running. Also the weather widget is set to update once every 15 minutes

6. Backup Assistant is set up to update each evening.

7. Google calendar is set to sync.

8. Yahoo messenger app is set to sync.

9. Twitter is set to sync and I am also running Tweetcaster Pro

m1ckDELTA

Reaction score
I pulled the trigger and ordered one of Amazon. Should be here next week. I already have the official extended battery I got at the Verizon store so perhaps I'll be able to compare the two.

So far with the official extended battery I have been able to get around 36 hours. That's after turning it into a stupid phone by turning off everything but the actual phone and making only a few phone calls/texts throughout the day.

OP
A

awdwhip

Reaction score
J
Yesterday I unplugged the battery at 9:30 am. Plugged it back in at 2:00 am and the battery was at 20% remaining.

Very nice. So the extended battery with a legitimate HTC extended battery door worked good for you?

Also, can you comment on how heavy you were using your phone? Ie. Games, phone calls, videos? Thanks!

Yeah, the legit HTC door works much better than the one I got with the battery. My usage is as follows:

1. Games - about an hour total over the course of the day (half hour before I go to bed and the remainder is about 10 minutes at a time at various times during the day)

2. Syncing 2 Yahoo email accounts and I get about 40 emails a day in total. My email accounts are set to sync every 15 minutes.

3. Sending and receiving about 50 texts a day

4. About 1 hour of phone calls total over the course of the day

5. Have the NY Daily News widget running. Also the weather widget is set to update once every 15 minutes

6. Backup Assistant is set up to update each evening.

7. Google calendar is set to sync.

8. Yahoo messenger app is set to sync.

9. Twitter is set to sync and I am also running Tweetcaster Pro

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it. I'm def getting closer to pulling the trigger on this battery :)

I pulled the trigger and ordered one of Amazon. Should be here next week. I already have the official extended battery I got at the Verizon store so perhaps I'll be able to compare the two.

So far with the official extended battery I have been able to get around 36 hours. That's after turning it into a stupid phone by turning off everything but the actual phone and making only a few phone calls/texts throughout the day.

Cool, a comparo would be awesome! Even if the Seidio extended beats the Hyperion extended battery, the price difference would still justify purchasing the Hyperion battery...well, I hope so.

jseah

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it. I'm def getting closer to pulling the trigger on this battery :)

Cool, a comparo would be awesome! Even if the Seidio extended beats the Hyperion extended battery, the price difference would still justify purchasing the Hyperion battery...well, I hope so.

One thing I forgot to mention is that when I am at work, because of how the building is constructed, the phone will pop back and forth between 4G, 3G, 1X, and no data all day long. With all the phones I've had in the past, the battery life on days that I am at work is roughly 50-60% the battery life on days that I am not at work and have a constant 3G signal (no 4G where I live).

One of the main reasons why I gave this battery a shot is the price. Even with shipping costs, the price is less than 1/3 the cost of the Seidio battery and less than 1/2 the cost of the HTC extended battery (I get a 25% discount on accessories purchased from Verizon).

m1ckDELTA

Reaction score
Just arrived

I just finished changing out the HTC extended battery with the Hyperion. First thing I've noticed is that the HTC battery cover doesn't fit as well. Next thing I notice after the re-bat is the battery widget reads the capacity slightly above advertized at 3693mAh. The out of box charge level is 53% capacity. Half charged or half used? Hmmm...

It's a struggle to get the HTC extended battery cover firmly snapped in place and it still isn't a perfect fit. One side or the other pops back out at first then once both sides appear to be snug there is still a barely perceptible gap at the volume rocker. If I try to close this gap and get it properly seated one one of the sides will pop back out.

So, I'll let it charge then use it and see is the cover pops out in my pocket when I'm using it. If the battery life matches the HTC extended battery then I'll break out the Dremel Tool and trim off any excess plastic from the Hyperion battery and hopefully get the HTC extended battery cover to properly fit. Using the Hyperion back is not an option. If you look closely and compare the two you can see the antenna arrangements and their differences. The HTC is clearly superior. Obviously, if you don't have an HTC extended battery you can't compare so you'll have to trust me and "jseah" on this.

Last edited:

jseah

Reaction score
That's weird. I guess you got a bad build on the battery. I had no problems at all using the HTC back. And the battery widget doesn't measure the capacity of the battery (if you are using the HTC widget like I am using). It measure the voltage, which on mine reads 3763 mV, which roughly translates to 3.7 volts.

m1ckDELTA

Reaction score
Yes, I checked more closely later and noticed it measured voltage. You think I may have a bad battery build? I may exchange it then. It certainly didn't pop out tonight while out and about but I want it to fit correctly. I guess I'll report back about how well the exchange goes

m1ckDELTA

Reaction score
I reconsidered returning the battery; too much time, effort, and money for a $15.00 item.

Instead, I simply removed most of the white label surrounding the battery, keeping only that side of the label that covers the plastic frame's gap at the top where the contacts are. Since the label also keeps the plastic frame surrounding the battery's metal case attached I applied a spot of super glue to the inside of both sides of the frame and secured the frame to the battery's metal case. I also slightly trimmed the edges of the plastic frame before gluing.

This only took about five minutes, a little effort, and no cost. Now, the battery cover can be securely attached to the phone with no gap at the volume rocker and zero chance of it popping off. Kinda hard to believe that a thin paper label could add enough thickness to cause trouble but there you have it.

Oh yeah, the battery lasts all day for me with some judicious power management. Manually activating apps only when I need them isn't a big deal for me as long as the device's primary function as a phone isn't compromised. Having the OEM and Hyperion extended batteries as well as the stock one means I don't ever need to be concerned about my phone not being at the ready.

"You might be cheap if..."

Last edited:
OP
A

awdwhip

Reaction score
Thanks for the updates. What was the final price with the battery and OEM HTC door to your door step?

m1ckDELTA

Reaction score
I purchased the OEM extended battery with the phone at a Verizon store for 39.99 plus tax. The Hyperion was $20.57 delivered and I purchased a wall charger for $5.65, delivered. I can charge all three batteries overnight if necessary.

I've always purchased an extra battery with every phone I've owned so it's not a big deal to me and the non-OEM ones are affordable and work well.

Last edited:
OP
A

awdwhip

Reaction score
I purchased the OEM extended battery with the phone at a Verizon store for 39.99 plus tax. The Hyperion was $20.57 delivered and I purchased a wall charger for $5.65, delivered. I can charge all three batteries overnight if necessary.

I've always purchased an extra battery with every phone I've owned so it's not a big deal to me and the non-OEM ones are affordable and work well.

Cool, do a comparo and post your results, sir.

OP
A

awdwhip

Reaction score
Just purchased a Hyperion 3500Mah battery and a Seidio 3200mAh battery along with the Seidio Convert Extended case for ULTIMATE protection. So if anyone wants to buy my stock sized Seidio convert case let me know and I'll let it go for 25 shipped.

Note: I did cut off the rubber cover on the camera because it was super annoying and doesn't work too well. It also peeled some but it doesn't anymore. It's hands down the best case I have ever owned.

I'll do a comparison as soon as I receive the goods. dancedroid

m1ckDELTA

Reaction score
Awdwhip, I don't see a difference between the OEM and Hyperion as far as battery life goes. I'm finally busy actually using the phone now. If I get some time I guess I could actually compare the two more precisely but....

At this point I can get through the entire day (again, with judicious power management) without any technodrama, which was my goal. The key thing is the OEM battery cover for its antennae and a charger so you can charge both bats overnight. Get an OEM battery cover if they are sold separately, two Hyperion extended batteries, and the charger; you'll be right as rain. If you have to mod the bats to fit then it's only a five minute procedure that's well worth the effort.

Reading through this whole post should answer any doubts about the efficacy of the Hyperions.

If something goes horribly wrong in the future I'll post accordingly.

Last edited:
OP
A

awdwhip

Reaction score
That's good news. I just want my battery to last through several hours of web surfing on an LTE connection and still have battery left to last all day with my newly purchased batteries that wont be a problem. Cheers!

m1ckDELTA

Reaction score
Remember that, "judicious power management", means turning off 4G/LTE when not needed, manually syncing, keeping the screen brightness as low as possible, toggling BT, GPS, and WiFi, etc. The T-Bolt is a high maintenance device. I've had task killer turned on and 4G turned off since yesterday afternoon on the OEM extended battery and I'm at 74%.

Once you turn on 4G you're going to be changing out your battery midday at least. Also if you're going to be using it as heavily as you say I would keep your stock OEM battery on hand as well; you're going to need it. As I stated before these third party batteries are affordable so buy as many as you need; for the price of two OEM extended batteries you can get four Hyperions and and some wall chargers.

The promise of a handheld personal computer in the guise of a smartphone is simply not fulfilled. I spec out and build my own PCs so I know what is reasonable when it comes to tweaking and I don't believe current smartphones have reached a level of maturity where minor tweaks get you up and running. The current workarounds are excessive and don't always deliver as hoped but its all we've got for the foreseeable future.