I broke my recovery...

Pianoman178

Reaction score
My incredible is S-Off.

I I did a factory reset on a newly installed ROM and now I can't get into clockwork recovery to restore from a backup. I get the red triangle, which is the normal android recovery.

How the heck do I get my recovery back? Is there a way to restore my nandroid backup?

coverton341

Reaction score
You can still get to the phone correct? If so, and assuming you have ROM Manager, just reflash your cwr.

Sent via pixie dust

OP
P

Pianoman178

Reaction score
You can still get to the phone correct? If so, and assuming you have ROM Manager, just reflash your cwr.

Sent via pixie dust

Yes, I can still boot into the phone. But it's a stock ROM now. I can't activate the phone because I'm roaming. And without being activated, I can't get to the market to download rom manager again.

What a PITA.

Is there any way to download rom manager as a file, transfer it to my SD card, and install it that way?

coverton341

Reaction score
Oh, I see the problem now. No way to connect to a wireless access point either, by bypassing the activation screen and turning on wifi?

EDIT: Yeah, you can probably find a version of ROM Man somewhere or someone here might have a dropbox they are willing to put it in so you can download. I would do it for you but I'm at work at the moment and then I'll be in class until late tonight.

OP
P

Pianoman178

Reaction score
Oh, I see the problem now. No way to connect to a wireless access point either, by bypassing the activation screen and turning on wifi?

EDIT: Yeah, you can probably find a version of ROM Man somewhere or someone here might have a dropbox they are willing to put it in so you can download. I would do it for you but I'm at work at the moment and then I'll be in class until late tonight.

I found an APK of rom manager. Now my next problem...lmao. I enable "install from unknown sources" and moved the .apk to my SD card. Now my "manage applications" screen doesn't see rom manager on my sd card.

I'm also running the phone in safemode right now because i can't go more than 10 seconds in normal android because the phone reboots constantly.

coverton341

Reaction score
What a pain. I'm not sure how to do it with an Incredible, but if possible you might want to use something like RSDLite and flash a recovery image onto the phone. I know how to do it for the OG Droid (What I'm still limping around on), but like I said, I don't know how or even if that is possible on the Inc.

Best of luck to you. Sorry I can't be of more assistance.