ICS this week?

Squeak87

Reaction score
I set my display brightness to 20% this morning and am happy to report that it is running between 50% and 60% now instead of the high 70's.

<--{Droid Razr Maxx °Celcius}-->

jtc303

Reaction score
Rooted .215... screen set to 24%... granted some of this time the phone was asleep (just like I was) but used it like normal throughout the day...

View attachment 53137

Swis21

Reaction score
Squeak87 said:
I set my display brightness to 20% this morning and am happy to report that it is running between 50% and 60% now instead of the high 70's.

Did you notice any change in battery when you set the brightness?

Squeak87

Reaction score
Swis21 said:
Did you notice any change in battery when you set the brightness?

I haven't noticed any change yet, today was the first full day with it set to 20% and I was at work with no usage except checking missed calls. Give me a few days and I can report better on your question.

holligl

Reaction score
Where did the MOTOPRINT go?!

I can not find the MOTOPRINT App in the program listing. I went to the Play store, Uninstalled, and then was given an option to "Upgrade". Installed the update (Showed progress bars), but it still does not showup in the App or Widget list. This was a useful app and I hope ICS did not eliminate it. Can anyone else with ICS confirm they still have it?

Squeak87

Reaction score
holligl said:
I can not find the MOTOPRINT App in the program listing. I went to the Play store, Uninstalled, and then was given an option to "Upgrade". Installed the update (Showed progress bars), but it still does not showup in the App or Widget list. This was a useful app and I hope ICS did not eliminate it. Can anyone else with ICS confirm they still have it?

I still have it, but I have it disabled because it isn't something I use. I'm on the .215 leak.

jtc303

Reaction score
Squeak87 said:
I still have it, but I have it disabled because it isn't something I use. I'm on the .215 leak.

Same

tracer

Reaction score
holligl said:

I still have it. I think they got rid of the icon / widget. Go to settings & scroll down to the "system" section. You should see a choice for printer settings. That's the motoprint

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
tracer said:
I still have it. I think they got rid of the icon / widget. Go to settings & scroll down to the "system" section. You should see a choice for printer settings. That's the motoprint

Weird I don't see a printer settings

Ota don't think I disabled... let me check

Edit:
Looking under apps/ all scrolling to bottom I do see that I disabled motoprint...

You may double check it's listed under apps.

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

Last edited:

jaybogg

Reaction score

I am stock OTA ICS and I have MOTOPRINT and it works fine on my HP 8500 wireless printer.

holligl

Reaction score
Weird I don't see a printer settings

Ota don't think I disabled... let me check

Edit:
Looking under apps/ all scrolling to bottom I do see that I disabled motoprint...

You may double check it's listed under apps.

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----
From the Motorola site: With 3.x or higher you can only print directly from the contextual menu of the file you would like to print. You cannot print from MOTOPRINT.

What they don't tell you is how to get the contextual menu. You find the file, press and hold it til the contextual menu pops up. Print is one of the options, and then you select a printer you have configured through MOTOPRINT in the Settings/Printer Settings. Works well once you figure it out.

Sat through an iPAD Training session with my wife last night, and in typical Apple fashion, they only support their "Air Print". Motoprint is a nice built in feature! Glad it was not lost, just operates differently.

Thanks to you all for giving me some clues!

Swis21

Reaction score
So I just found out my phone is being held awake for several hours when I'm not doing anything. Even at night I'll shut everything down (background sync, data, gps, wifi, Bluetooth) but will wake up to a seemingly used up battery even though nothing should have been running. I have done the battery retraining several times properly still finding my RAZR will just barely make over nine hours on a full charge. Do phone processes keep the phone itself awake ever since ics came to being? This is a cumbersome flaw I've run into going to find some insight.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
There is something that is working in the background that should not be. Install a battery app where you can look to see what apps or processes might be running when it should be "sleeping." GSam battery monitor and Battery Monitor Widget by 3c both can give helpful information in this area.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Swis21

Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:
There is something that is working in the background that should not be. Install a battery app where you can look to see what apps or processes might be running when it should be "sleeping." GSam battery monitor and Battery Monitor Widget by 3c both can give helpful information in this area.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

GSam is exactly where I'm getting my information from. It says the phone, Android system and kernel ate all keeping the phone awake. Just by looking at the phones stock battery monitor it is showing the phone is awake for quite done time without ever having the screen on. i do not believe i added anything that would cause the basic running systems to be keeping the phone awake.

rjeatkrconley

Reaction score
Swis21 said:
GSam is exactly where I'm getting my information from. It says the phone, Android system and kernel ate all keeping the phone awake. Just by looking at the phones stock battery monitor it is showing the phone is awake for quite done time without ever having the screen on. i do not believe i added anything that would cause the basic running systems to be keeping the phone awake.

Do you have Google play set to auto update apps? If so, disable it. It can keep your phone awake and kill battery.