If you have questions about durability....WATCH

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I um can't believe it either; almost like you're tricking people into try it and then woah it scratches!
No, its true. I have an iPod Touch and my old Storm that both have glass screens. The backs/sides of both phones are scratched to hell but the screens look like the day I got them lol No screen protectors involved EVER

Tumaz04

Reaction score
One more test! Rub some dirt and sand on the thing and post another video plz.

VitsDroid

Reaction score
I have the zagg on my Ipod Touch and I am not impressed, it turns yellow and it does scratch. They give you a warranty but by the time you ship it to them and pay for processing and shipping back you could have just bought a new one. I had installed the Clear Protector that I bought on ebay for my BB Tour and it was half the price and better quality. For the Droid I bought the invisible gaget gaurd for $12 on ebay and I would say its better than Zagg also. The Vid rocks but I still think it needs protection, you just gotta be prepared!

jetnc

Reaction score
now if only we could stop the fingerprints :)

great vid though. makes me less worried about accidentally putting my keys in the same pocket!

I wonder if RainX would help to keep the screen clear.... or at least easier to clean the smudges off.

cgarnes

Reaction score
Thank you for that video! Amazing! I linked it on my Facebook. You're one courageous person!

igotpins

Reaction score
I wonder what he would have done if it scratched really bad. Probably cried.

Natolx

Reaction score
I am pretty underwhelmed. Keys are generally made of brass, a soft metal.

If it had scratched the screen I would have been EXTREMELY shocked, because keys have a lower "hardness" than window glass... and I would hope the droid glass is at least of that quality...

The only part of a key that has a chance to scratch glass is maybe one of the "sharper" edges of the keyring, as its the only piece made out of a decently hard metal.

So in fact, the dropping of the keys WAS the best test because that gave the keyring a chance to hit the screen

The real test would be a knife blade(they are typically of equal hardness as window glass) and sand, granite, any kind of pebble that might find its way into your pocket.

DO NOT forgo a screen protector because of this test. Trust me, there are much harder objects than the extremely soft tip of a key in most people's pockets.

Reaction score
I am pretty underwhelmed. Keys are generally made of brass, a soft metal.

If it had scratched the screen I would have been EXTREMELY shocked, because keys have a lower "hardness" than window glass... and I would hope the droid glass is at least of that quality...

The only part of a key that has a chance to scratch glass is maybe one of the "sharper" edges of the keyring, as its the only piece made out of a decently hard metal.

So in fact, the dropping of the keys WAS the best test because that gave the keyring a chance to hit the screen

The real test would be a knife blade(they are typically of equal hardness as window glass) and sand, granite, any kind of pebble that might find its way into your pocket.

DO NOT forgo a screen protector because of this test. Trust me, there are much harder objects than the extremely soft tip of a key in most people's pockets.

Hmmm...interesting points also.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
now if only we could stop the fingerprints :)

great vid though. makes me less worried about accidentally putting my keys in the same pocket!

I wonder if RainX would help to keep the screen clear.... or at least easier to clean the smudges off.
I wouldn't think so. Rain-x works by putting a thin layer of some chemical that doesn't allow water to "stick" to it. Since oil is well... oil it probably wouldn't do much.

souljerr

Reaction score
This was a great test for those of use who carry the Droid in our pockets. I still keep my keys in the other pocket just in case but I'm not as concerned after that vid. Thanks!

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I found I have small tick marks on the sides like he had in the video. I've always wondered why not make the bexel out of black metal instead of painted?

Anyways, for those small ticks, Just run a black sharpie pen over them, let it sit a moment, and wipe excess, tick marks gone!