Is a scratch protector really needed?

RAZRmax

Reaction score
Yeah it's been a couple of months now and my Droid's screen protector and body glove look like new. Even at around 40% brightness, and through the protector, my screen blows away the IPhones I see people using. Mine truly is bigger ;-)

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Go on ebay and looked at used razrs, (or other gorilla glass phones. Nearly all listings will mention light scratches on the screen. So don't tell me gorilla glass doesn't scratch. While you are on Ebay you can order screen protectors for very cheap like a dollar or less. I will always keep mine protected.

RAZRmax

Reaction score
I had vz install mine when I bought the phone. So far it's held up great. Being inside the body glove holds the edges down tight.

johnolenardo

Reaction score
Check out YouTube too. they have a bunch of videos which will be helpful in your screen protector search : )

jtc303

Reaction score
wow that guy in the OP has some balls... I don't use any protection (on my phone :D) but I would NEVER do that

B0B0

Reaction score
Me neither. The phone's not intended to be used with a screen protector, and Motorola warns the screen may not perform right with one.

But I will be keeping the phone in a case that covers the screen when I'm not using it.

coming from the company that sold you a 600$ device that you have to replace if the screen brakes or void its warranty.
That's like a car manufacturer telling you that you don't need to bring your new car in for service after 10,000 miles. :biggrin:

azle

Reaction score
I was very boastful about the screen on my Razr Max until this morning while cleaning my glass I noticed a scratch. Now I am NOT hard on a phone and carry it in a leather case on my belt or in an EMPTY pocket. For the life of me I cannot figure out how/where I could have scratthed it:mad:. I will go and get a screen protector for my device!

Azle

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Your "empty" pocket + a few grains of sand/grit= mystery solved. That's all it takes.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
MissionImprobable said:
Your "empty" pocket + a few grains of sand/grit= mystery solved. That's all it takes.

Yep, that is why my screen had never and will never be unprotected. I learned my lesson with my last phone granted it was not gorilla glass, but still, lesson learned

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I think that the quality of gorilla glass has changed. Like so many other things, it started out awesome.. and then after it becomes the norm... they pull back or skimp on something in the manufacturing process... this is a theory. I'm not scratching any of my phones to prove it :)