Just got this phone, extremely frustrated

np! umm i checked the wallpaper like u said, nothing is there, only 10 wallpapers but nothing like what u showed. so what are the 2 apps called that i should download?

hmm ok. ill just try to download that metal scratches tile one.

The two apps that have a lot of wallpapers are called backgrounds and the other is called zedge. If neither appear in the market, I can pull them off my phone for you too.

ok both are downloaded. now ringtones...i want that 24 ringtone lol im a huge fan of that show and i think that ringtone would be perfect for txt message. a single (24 theme sound start) haha :)

Oh, you seem to have changed your post, lol. 1 sec I will check.

Ok, when you click on Zedge, it pops up with Wallpapers and Ringtones. Tap on wallpapers to bring them up, and when you scroll down to the bottom click more to see more wallpapers. To narrow the categories, click the 4 bars up top after clicking wallpapers and change the categories. Same thing applies for the ringtones.

Last edited:
The two apps that have a lot of wallpapers are called backgrounds and the other is called zedge. If neither appear in the market, I can pull them off my phone for you too.

ok both are downloaded. now ringtones...i want that 24 ringtone lol im a huge fan of that show and i think that ringtone would be perfect for txt message. a single (24 theme sound start) haha :)

Ok, when you click on Zedge, it pops up with Wallpapers and Ringtones. Tap on wallpapers to bring them up, and when you scroll down to the bottom click more to see more wallpapers. To narrow the categories, click the 4 bars up top after clicking wallpapers and change the categories. Same thing applies for the ringtones.

u are a godsend . i love u man (no homo)

that specific wallpaper u think ill find it? gonna be soooo long and hard to find lol

No problem. I don't mind helping one bit! :D

Though I am kinda sleepy, lol. (It's 4 A.M. here)

Go to the wallpaper on your phones browser, and long press on it. Then select save and click on it in the notifications. After that, press menu, set as, click wallpaper, then drag it to the full size of the picture,

that specific wallpaper u think ill find it? gonna be soooo long and hard to find lol

Ok ChronBong. I suggest you roll up a big fatty and sit down with your new phone and the user manual and try to learn about the phone. It can be really over bearing at first, especially to a none techy to use. But im sure if you just read parts of the manual plus looked up youtube videos about android training, you could master the phone in a few weeks. Welcome to the android family BTW. We love the green :greendroid: hah.

No problem. I don't mind helping one bit! :D

Though I am kinda sleepy, lol. (It's 4 A.M. here)

Go to the wallpaper on your phones browser, and long press on it. Then select save and click on it in the notifications. After that, press menu, set as, click wallpaper, then drag it to the full size of the picture,

haha alright man, np thanks bud. its 1:16 here right now, west coast.

Ok ChronBong. I suggest you roll up a big fatty and sit down with your new phone and the user manual and try to learn about the phone. It can be really over bearing at first, especially to a none techy to use. But im sure if you just read parts of the manual plus looked up youtube videos about android training, you could master the phone in a few weeks. Welcome to the android family BTW. We love the green :greendroid: hah.

well unfortunately. im out of weed, but im going to buy some more tomorrow and blaze a FAT BLUNT on canada day (july 1st)

i think ive already learned quite alot about the droid today ive spent maybe 3 hrs and ive gotten mostly to a hang of it, its a damn badass phone i ****ing love it! i cant wait for the official 2.2 froyo release. i just hope it doesnt erase contacts + apps ive downloaded, i heard it does happen...

Lol silva, that's not all totally neccesary :p

Though if you have anymore questions chron, post back in this thread, and I'm sure someone else will help you with it to their best abilities. I got to go to sleep, lol.

Also, there is an app where your apps are called Talk. If you click on it, and then press the menu button after signing in, you can send a friend request to me. There, I can help you at almost anytime (as long as I'm awake). So if you ever have a question, you can just ask me and I'll respond as soon as possible.

Hope you enjoy your milestone! I know I have enjoyed my Droid so far!

Forgot to mention you can send the friend request to [email protected]. That's me :D

FINALLY ive completed my look of my phone. !!!!

i could have not possibly done it without ur help tank. again i must thank you.

Oh, no problem. There are a lot of very helpful people on this forum. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would've helped you if I wasn't there. It's the reason I hang around this forum so much. It's a very friendly place :D

Oh, no problem. There are a lot of very helpful people on this forum. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would've helped you if I wasn't there. It's the reason I hang around this forum so much. It's a very friendly place :D

milestone is excat copy of droid isnt it? and how do i add u? lol.

Its not an exact copy. Droid is CDMA Milestone is GSM. There's other differences as well. Same basic hardware, software is a little different.

Sent from my Droid

Its not an exact copy. Droid is CDMA Milestone is GSM. There's other differences as well. Same basic hardware, software is a little different.

Sent from my Droid
whats CDMA and GSM? and software is how different?

I forget what they stand for exactly but its the type of cell network they use. Different radios. You have a sim card I don't. As far as software the milestone was locked down heavily. It was only recently truly rooted. Droid has been rooted since december.

Sent from my Droid

I forget what they stand for exactly but its the type of cell network they use. Different radios. You have a sim card I don't. As far as software the milestone was locked down heavily. It was only recently truly rooted. Droid has been rooted since december.

Sent from my Droid

isee...thats why i knew i shouldve stuck with the stock 2.1 verison. ill wait for the 2.2 verison in canada, does anybody know when that comes out officially? (i know the leaked verison is out) heard its suppose to make it alot faster, browser and everything, and longer battery time and flash....

Don't have a time frame but it will give you speed boost for sure.

Sent from my Droid

Back