Leaked Verizon Email and PDF Confirms Verizon Galaxy Nexus December 9th Launch!

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I dunno...the "email" is being sent to a gmail account. Do corporations often email such things to personal email accounts? Doubtful. Seems fake to me. But hey Rootzwiki did get mentioned on CNET, so that's a plus for them haha.

How can you tell it's a gmail account? Just curious. Either way, the original pdf was probably forwarded to rootz...

chewy74

Reaction score
i think the g-nex is the black sheep of the vzw family of phones. at first it was a good idea to adopt it and nurture it, but when it grew up and rebelled againt being force-fed bloatware vzw decide to excommunicate it from the flock. It was far too late to just abandon the g-nex for someone else to adopt....so they decided to treat it like a bastard child until it was old enough to go out on its own.

i believe vzw is just fulfilling a contract and releasing without any promo or media backing from them. the only reason its even gettig a mention on release day is because its the first ICS device...its one of those sink or swim situations for them. if g-nex swims = vzw wins because they spent so little on advertisement and still get big sales, or g-nex sinks= vzw still has flaggship devices (razr) and the droid 4 coming out soon = they didnt waste money on ads.

so whats the bottom line? vzw still gets paid...and they suck

Last edited:

Briankbl

Reaction score
Still, why the hell is Verizon being so sneaky about this?

Who knows what Verizon is thinking at this point. Not only have they killed a lot of people's excitement and anticipation for this phone, but they've also been busy trying to kill the Google Nexus brand. Nexus used to mean no bloatware, among plenty of other things.

Now we have a Nexus with two Verizon apps, and a Google app (Wallet) being blocked by Verizon. What's next? Even more bloatware for the next Nexus? Even more restrictions and requirements from Cell companies?

If Google keeps catering and taking demands, Nexus is just going to be "another smartphone".

Sent using common sense.

Last edited:

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
How can you tell it's a gmail account? Just curious. Either way, the original pdf was probably forwarded to rootz...

Just the way the attachment is shown. That's how gmail attachments look where it says "View" and "Download". Of course you're right about it just being forwarded though :biggrin:...but then would the person doing the forwarding change the subject line to remove the "FWD:"? ah i dunno, conspiracy theories. I stopped following these "leaks" because none of them pan out, so I'm probably just looking for a reason to doubt this.

That being said, even though the Rezound just dropped without much notice, we still knew it was going to drop and when. The nexus no one has said anything that can be confirmed, all we have is about 30 possible launch dates. Here we are 3 days away from the supposed launch and still no one can confirm anything? Seems off. I'm still hoping though, my D1 needs to be retired like yesterday.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's definitely gmail:

View attachment 43224

According to Rootzwiki, this email message was forwarded to one of their members by an authorized Verizon retailer. This isn't the original message, just one that was passed on. Still looks promising to me.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's definitely gmail:

According to Rootzwiki, this email message was forwarded to one of their members by an authorized Verizon retailer. This isn't the original message, just one that was passed on. Still looks promising to me.

Ah ok cool. Now grammatical errors aside in that email, here's hoping haha.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ah ok cool. Now grammatical errors aside in that email, here's hoping haha.

It's formatted a lot like a memo...could be faked, but I really hope it's legit.

If there's any validity to the December 6 ship date, we'll have our answer as soon as the arrive at stores. There are far too many insiders for a shipment of Nexus phones to go unnoticed. If we don't have word by tomorrow morning at the latest, things will not be looking good for the 9th.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Good eyes... but if it were me I personally would make sure I took out the 'Forward:' ..

pyro6128

Reaction score
Payday and the gnex both on the same day. Almost brings a tear to my eye

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's formatted a lot like a memo...could be faked, but I really hope it's legit.

If there's any validity to the December 6 ship date, we'll have our answer as soon as the arrive at stores. There are far too many insiders for a shipment of Nexus phones to go unnoticed. If we don't have word by tomorrow morning at the latest, things will not be looking good for the 9th.

I agree. Verizon may try to downplay it for whatever reason, but if we still hear absolutely zero about shipments today or tomorrow, the 9th won't happen. Even Apple couldn't keep something secret for this long haha, we knew about the 4s a couple of weeks before it was announced.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good eyes... but if it were me I personally would make sure I took out the 'Forward:' ..

yeah like i said, i'm just so tired of these leaks i'm probably just looking for a reason to doubt this one :p

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Rootz doesn't usually put something out that they aren't pretty confident about.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
3 more months til my upgrade. /sigh wish it was now. My DroidX is feeling very aged. The camera isn't taking very good pictures anymore. Hard to get a clear one no matter what the conditions are. I used to get some beautiful pictures from it. The camera is quite important to me and the near zero shutter lag is what I am very interested. Hard to get a 15 month old to stop moving for a picture.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a question if anyone might know the answer.

I am considering returning the Rezound cause this will maybe come out within my 14 day window for return. My question is does anyone know if it hurts the third party retailers bottom line if I return and swap phones, or does this just hurt verzion?

I wouldn't want to hurt the local 3rd party stores bottom line cause I like to support local stores of all knds. but If this would only hurt verizon then I don't mind because they seem to be doing pretty well for themselves.