Liberty Update News

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Right now I'm back in full swing on creating a new theme that is going to be hard to do and a big challenge for me. I see a lot of neat themes, like stetsonaw's Epic Blue. My theme is going to be based of off dark lights, or ultraviolet light for better understanding, and creating ways to make it look like there is a built in dark light at the top of the phone and making your app icons, dockbar icons, apps and other stuff glow under the dark light. It's going to be tricky but can be done. The icons are going to be very dark but the color outlines are going to be in sets of different colors to glow under the dark light.

There's more I'll be trying to do to this theme to see if I can beat out the competition on Honeycomb. Honeycomb has more of a soft blurred glowing theme. This one is going to be more realistically glowing.

It's a work in progess to keep me occupied!
Thanks for the plug dude! And anxious to see what you come up with, may be the first time I run somebody elses theme on my phone since I started making them myself! (aside from when i'm in limbo between finishing up themes)

babydollcg

There is plenty of stuff to do rather than just sit around and wait for Liberty 2.0 to come out.

Jrummy is in the testing stage right now, meaning he's having people test out the new ROM for bugs and errors. That also could mean he's just getting the main stuff done and then going ahead and putting final touches to it and then release it.

So, instead of sitting around waiting for this, you could always prepare stuff for your phone. Like a new theme to go with the 2.0 ROM. Search new icons to go with it. Search newly edited APKs and keep it on the side to put on 2.0. Learn more about your phone instead of ROMs, themes, themed APKs, random apps, and more. I'm in no rush to getting 2.0 on my Droid. Same goes with Gingerbread.

Right now I'm back in full swing on creating a new theme that is going to be hard to do and a big challenge for me. I see a lot of neat themes, like stetsonaw's Epic Blue. My theme is going to be based of off dark lights, or ultraviolet light for better understanding, and creating ways to make it look like there is a built in dark light at the top of the phone and making your app icons, dockbar icons, apps and other stuff glow under the dark light. It's going to be tricky but can be done. The icons are going to be very dark but the color outlines are going to be in sets of different colors to glow under the dark light.

There's more I'll be trying to do to this theme to see if I can beat out the competition on Honeycomb. Honeycomb has more of a soft blurred glowing theme. This one is going to be more realistically glowing.

It's a work in progess to keep me occupied!

I look forward to this! I want to learn to theme and make ROMS myself butim only in my second semester

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

luther1517

I hope there is a nice little present in the way of an update waiting for me in the morning!

Sent from the r2d2 dreams are made of...

xrevx

I'll prob run my battery down just by checking twitter so much.lol. So yea a full battery when installing anything is never a bad thing. ; )

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

TheSwaggeR

No mock-ups yet. I've barely started over the weekend. Been trying to get things running on Linux Mint (easier to use for theming and such) rather than Windows Vista but am using Vista to do my work for the time being.

I just finally got my computer back in order, sort of. I got hit by a bad virus (Vista Home Security 2011 virus) right after my last post in this thread and had to spend some time in the regedit deleting these malicious codes and registries. Now I'm missing several file extensions that help open up programs. Luckily I was smart enough to save any and all work on my external hard drive. I'll be resuming the theme work once I fix my extension issues.

I won't have this theme done for a couple weeks or so but will try to get a screenshot of it when it's more complete.

not sure if anyone asked but can we run this rom on droid2 global with the droid2 romer?

As far as I know the developers aren't testing it on a Droid 2 Global, so you'll probably have to wait for it to be released and then try it out for yourself.

EDIT: 13th angel would know better. I stand corrected.

Last edited:

13th angel

Developer
Developer
I would assume so..... I sent jrummy a tweet saying i would test for him on d2g but didnt get anything back from him =/

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
...Right now I'm back in full swing on creating a new theme that is going to be hard to do and a big challenge for me. I see a lot of neat themes, like stetsonaw's Epic Blue. My theme is going to be based of off dark lights, or ultraviolet light for better understanding, and creating ways to make it look like there is a built in dark light at the top of the phone and making your app icons, dockbar icons, apps and other stuff glow under the dark light. It's going to be tricky but can be done. The icons are going to be very dark but the color outlines are going to be in sets of different colors to glow under the dark light.

Hey, man...I'd like to see a Lava Lamp live wallpaper to go with that! I can't wait to try it out. Break out the bong and some good hashish and let's party!! :icon_ banana: UV and Dayglow are so cool.