MIUI Tips & Tricks

bullswife98

Reaction score
Pass whatever is in that thing you're dancing with this way!! I need to get on that level lol :p

+10000.... on this. Maybe he's upgraded? Cuz after reading that a few times(still trying to wrap my brain around it) my head hurts and I need relief now.

SENT FROM THE ORIGINAL DROID THAT STARTED IT ALL!!!

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
I have a share, a real one.
If you select a theme to apply from your sd and it ends up that it is in the wrong format as it's older and the themer never updated it, it offers you the option to have the system reconfigure it to work on new format. Took less than 3 minutes and worked as well as it possibly could as I don't see anything that is glitchy.

I thought it was exceptionally cool and a great idea and implementation.

Yea! Now I have made an actual contribution!
I feel all warm inside
Though that might just be the malaria talking
walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

cowsquad

Reaction score
I have a share, a real one.
If you select a theme to apply from your sd and it ends up that it is in the wrong format as it's older and the themer never updated it, it offers you the option to have the system reconfigure it to work on new format. Took less than 3 minutes and worked as well as it possibly could as I don't see anything that is glitchy.

I thought it was exceptionally cool and a great idea and implementation.

Yea! Now I have made an actual contribution!
I feel all warm inside
Though that might just be the malaria talking
danceswithbongs

That's not even a trick hahahah :) wow

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Cowey Mandel
Who's been spreading these lies that I had a trick for everyone?
I was merely providing a tip, which the thread's title led me to believe, would be fitting here.

Now if I had a trick, that would be dangerous.

Ladies and gentlemen for my next feat I will pull a Chinese man out of my Droid running MIUI!

danceswithbongs

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
What I do when applying a theme is use only certain parts from different themes, like a lockscreen from here, icons from there, dialer from here, and so on...........

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
What I do when applying a theme is use only certain parts from different themes, like a lockscreen from here, icons from there, dialer from here, and so on...........

Ah yes the Frankenstein Theme method, first tried unsuccessfully by a young Slovakian boy.
I say unsuccessfully, as the following day all that remained of the village was dust where residences and shops once stood; Oh and lest I forget, a single chicken which walked and "begawked" along that which was once the main thoroughfare.

Let it be a lesson for us all. Kung Pao, just be wary of your brew.

That's almost equal parts tip and trick! Thus I shall dub thee a triptick. Not to be confused with a triptych, that's a horse of a completely different color.

danceswithbongs

groovydeus

Reaction score
Swipe fingers in opposite directions on a launcher screen for quick link to all screens and to set home screen. Found by accident.

pcpimp

Reaction score
danceswithbongs,

All I have to say is WORD! This is the best thread I have read in a long time! :)

Reaction score
Swipe fingers in opposite directions on a launcher screen for quick link to all screens and to set home screen. Found by accident.

Yes, and to be clear, it’s inward towards each other like a pinching motion. Love this feature. It was removed a few builds back, but has since been put back in.

Last edited:
OP
chewy74

chewy74

Reaction score
If you shut your phone off for 24 hours, you will see an increase in battery life by 24 hrs

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
If you shut your phone off for 24 hours, you will see an increase in battery life by 24 hrs

If my side still aches tomorrow, the doctor advised I drop by to prevent a full fledged busting of my gut.

Killer!

Chewy you are like the Jaws of out of left field unexpected explosions of humor, always just beneath the surface at the ready for the perfect moment.
DUN UN
You just write some relatively normal posts lulling all into a false sense of knowing what to expect from you,
DUN UN
and just as we're letting our guard down,
DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN
you always deliver a knockout uppercut of hilarity. Leaping from the water right onto the boat, "Orca", as the genius of the hilarity swallows us like Jaws swallowing Robert Shaw!

DUN UN

and then swim away under the cover of the oceans black depths!

danceswithbongs

OP
chewy74

chewy74

Reaction score
credit for the write up goes to: Tyzing @ XDA
[ROM][AOSP MIUI][Mr Baseball 8|26][Official MIUI.US Release 1.8.26] - xda-developers

Long Press:
Long press on the icon in Toggles will launch the settings for that icon.

Screen Shot:
Press "Menu" key and "Volume Down" key at the same time to print a screen. The printed image is saved in the directory of MIUI in the sd card.

Hold Home
Press Home key at the first screen, you may preview screen thumbnails and add or move screens.

Delete Message or Call Log :
Slide from left to right to quickly delete a message or a call log.

Edit Mode :
You may hold down an icon by one hand to enter Edit Mode, and then use the other hand to slide the screen to move the icon to the target screen.

Call Activated :
Your phone will vibrate when a call gets through.

Activate Music from Lockscreen :
Double tap the time zone to launch the Music Player when the screen is locked.

Quick SMS/Phone Launch :
In the lockscreen, hold down the icon of Call or SMS, and you can enter the responding program.

Quick Launch Torch :
Hold down Home key to quickly enable the torch when the screen is locked.

Quick Launch Contact Options :
Click the contact image in Calls, SMS and Contacts, shortcut menus will pop up.

Long Press Search :
Long press on Search button will launch search via voice recognition.

Recovery Reboot :
Click menu in “System Update” to reboot and enter recovery.

% for Battery :
The battery will display the percentage of left battery capacity by Settings>System>Battery>Notification Indicator Style>Percentage.

Running Apps List :
Long press on the Home button can go to “Program Manager”. Click the “Clear up” button at the bottom left to clear the extra processes in memory. And the system will inform you of the released memory and current available memory.
Note: System processes will not be cleared so as to ensure the normal running of the system.

IP Calling :
. How to set IP dialing?
MIUI ROM can add an IP prefix for the called number in a strange land. You may set it in Settings>Common>Calls.
You may also long press the contact item before dialing, and choose “Make IP calls” in the pop-up menu.

Reject Call :
When you are not available to answer the phone, you may slide up the panel to reject the call and to send a message to the caller at the same time.

Custom Ringtones :
. How to set custom ringtones?
Put media files into the Media/Audio/ringtones directory in the SD card, (If there is none of this directory, please create one manually) and then select in Sounds in Settings.
Note: there are three directories under Audio, corresponding to the following tones:
notifications--notification ringtones
ringtones--incoming call ringtones
alarms--alarming ringtones
Supported formats: MP3, WMA, WAV, Midi, etc.

Important SMS :
As for those important messages you want to add to your favorites, you may long press the message in the pop-up menu and select "Favorites". You may switch to "Favorites" tab in the main SMS interface to view collected messages.

720p Video :
How to enable 720P to record a video?
Turn on Camera and switch to Video, select "High", and select "720P" in the pop-up menu of video quality.

Quick Delete SMS :
How to quickly delete items?
You may slide from left to right on the item and click on the red "Delete" button when it appears.