Moto Z Force Droid Accessories

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is the official thread for the Moto Z Force Droid accessories.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Bring them on! This could be a revolutionary change for Motorola and I'm glad to see it coming.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Im interested in the JBL Speaker if the Price isnt absurd.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Im interested in the JBL Speaker if the Price isnt absurd.

Agreed 100%. I could see myself using the speaker Mod and battery Mod; as long as they are reasonably priced. Hopefully there will be sales eventually like "Buy the phone and get one Mod for free...etc."

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Agreed 100%. I could see myself using the speaker Mod and battery Mod; as long as they are reasonably priced. Hopefully there will be sales eventually like "Buy the phone and get one Mod for free...etc."
I could definitely see offers like this down the road, just for the purpose of getting them out there for all the world to see.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
One of the cases I have picked up... Verizon Shell Holster Combo for Moto Z Force Droid - Black - Verizon Wireless

This case helps to keep the slimness of the phone but the top and bottom edges are exposed so if ya drop, you might get dings or scratches there. The button area (volume / power) are left open, does not seem to hinder use / access. The case does offer a kickstand which I like to use on occasion and is one of the reason that I usually pick up this style of case with almost every phone.

IMG_0166.JPG

IMG_0167.JPG

IMG_0168.JPG

IMG_0169.JPG

~sent while mobile~

Last edited:

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Second case, also from Verizon... Incipio Performance Series Level 4 Case for Moto Z Force Droid - Verizon Wireless

This case offers more protection than the case in the previous post - it is a 2 part case as seen in the last picture. Definitely comparable to the Otterbox Commuter and my personal preference is the Incipio Performance Series (the Turbo 2 case offers a built in screen protector but this one does not). The edges of the case do come up above the edge of the phone but does not hinder swipes from the side or the fingerprint sensor in usage. The buttons are completely smooth, no raised or indented area so you have to kinda get used to that. The USB-C port is covered but the flap is a soft silicone and is easily opened and the cord can be inserted. The outer shell of the case does have a plastic lip (can be seen in pics) which I wasn't sure if I would like at first but do I like it but (and I have not tested) not sure how it would hold up to a long fall (I am sure it would protect the phone but not sure if it wouldn't crack or break if that was to happen).

IMG_0161.JPG

IMG_0162.JPG

IMG_0163.JPG

IMG_0164.JPG

IMG_0165.JPG

~sent while mobile~

Last edited:

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
They are nice. Honestly. I only really get Cases (usually Otterbox Defenders) to help Protect the Display from Cracking. With the Shattershield I want to go Caseless for Once and Show off the Phone.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Congratulations! :)

Ardeleon09

Reaction score
Thank you sir, had a funny moment today when I tried to plug in my Klipsch pro media speakers. Yeah no headphone jack well with out the adapter of course. The speaker does sound really good and is still comfortable to hold. I didn't realize that you can have it charge while on the phone.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Thank you sir, had a funny moment today when I tried to plug in my Klipsch pro media speakers. Yeah no headphone jack well with out the adapter of course. The speaker does sound really good and is still comfortable to hold. I didn't realize that you can have it charge while on the phone.

Yes, the charging features on that mod are awesome as well.

The headphone jack being missing could be something that will take some getting used to. I'm pleased to hear that the sound from the JBL mod is good. I'm not at all surprised. JBL has been manufacturing speakers for decades, and is a favorite among musicians when used in their amps.

All this information is very encouraging. Thanks for your input.

Ardeleon09

Reaction score
Yes, the charging features on that mod are awesome as well.

The headphone jack being missing could be something that will take some getting used to. I'm pleased to hear that the sound from the JBL mod is good. I'm not at all surprised. JBL has been manufacturing speakers for decades, and is a favorite among musicians when used in their amps.

All this information is very encouraging. Thanks for your input.
I agree we had just purchased the JBL pulse 2 Bluetooth speaker and I was amazed at the sound quality.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
How does a case work if a battery mod is used? My husband wants to get an Otterbox Defender for his. I was thinking of something thin just to protect the outer shell of the phone. I did notice some of the covers have access to the pins (?), but I can't tell from pictures if the external battery goes over that or if the mod can't be used while there's a thicker skin on the phone.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
How does a case work if a battery mod is used? My husband wants to get an Otterbox Defender for his. I was thinking of something thin just to protect the outer shell of the phone. I did notice some of the covers have access to the pins (?), but I can't tell from pictures if the external battery goes over that or if the mod can't be used while there's a thicker skin on the phone.
I picked up a bumper case from Verizon that works with the battery mods, it covers the edges perfectly and the mod attaches as it should. I do not know of a case that'll work to cover the phone and the mod together. I also recommend the Incipio offGrid battery mod as it has a soft grip like texture vs the slick feel of the brushed metal Tumi mod.

Link to bumper case... Verizon Two-Tone Bumper for Moto Z Force Droid - Verizon Wireless

~sent while mobile~