Will you choose the Droid Moto Z Force over the "regular" Droid Moto Z?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks for the update. Just have to keep hoping for a discount somewhere along the way.

Sent from my Moto Z Force Droid using Tapatalk.
Have you seen any deals on Moto Mods alone? I have not been to my local store yet, but did not notice any on Verizon's website.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
That's very cool! I bet your wife will love it! Did you get yourself something too? I'm dying for you to get one.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I'm pretty disappointed in Verizon's Black Friday sales this year. I would have bought a Droid Z Force today if their deal was close to last year. Last year I bought 2 Turbo 2's for $300 off each, and $200 in bill credits X 2 for turning in 2 old Droid RAZR M's. This year...50% off a Z Force but only if you keep it active for the full 24 months (sounds like a sneaky way of saying Contract to me). And my old Moto X 2014 is a $6 trade in & a Turbo 2 is a whopping $90 trade in? Seriously Verizon? Not impressed. Looks like the Turbo 2 stays with me for quite a while longer; which I'm not complaining about, this has been the best Android phone I have ever owned.

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
I liked the T2 as well, but was 2 afraid of the green, pink, and other lines developing after the warranty ran out. So, I made the move to the Z Force. Hopefully, it proves to be a wise decision.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I'm pretty disappointed in Verizon's Black Friday sales this year. I would have bought a Droid Z Force today if their deal was close to last year. Last year I bought 2 Turbo 2's for $300 off each, and $200 in bill credits X 2 for turning in 2 old Droid RAZR M's. This year...50% off a Z Force but only if you keep it active for the full 24 months (sounds like a sneaky way of saying Contract to me). And my old Moto X 2014 is a $6 trade in & a Turbo 2 is a whopping $90 trade in? Seriously Verizon? Not impressed. Looks like the Turbo 2 stays with me for quite a while longer; which I'm not complaining about, this has been the best Android phone I have ever owned.

At least you've got an awesome phone already.... Bummer that the deals aren't great this year, though....

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
My wife's Moto Z Droid Play & Hasselbad camera mod arrived today, a day early. Nice surprise from FedEx. Now I just need to find time to help her get it all setup and everything copied over from her Turbo 2.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
My wife's Moto Z Droid Play & Hasselbad camera mod arrived today, a day early. Nice surprise from FedEx. Now I just need to find time to help her get it all setup and everything copied over from her Turbo 2.

Cool! Keep us posted!

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
I would especially like to know how truly "dedicated" the dedicated shutter button is. Please keep us posted. Thanks!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I took the wife's new Moto Z Play Droid out of the box today to charge it, it's not setup yet. Like the phone a lot. But what caught my eye, and I missed this every time I have looked at them in a Verizon store, is this may be the first Droid phone ever that does not have a Verizon logo on it anywhere. I'm impressed, they normally force Moto to put a Verizon logo somewhere on every Droid branded phone. Not this one. Times they are a changin'

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Well....had a little luck at work, a little extra $$ and Best Buy had a decent sale. So I am now the owner of a Moto Z Force with the JBL sound boost speaker and Incipio wireless charging battery pack. I am hoping to make some time tomorrow to setup 2 new phones. Will let you know what I think once they are up and running

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Well....had a little luck at work, a little extra $$ and Best Buy had a decent sale. So I am now the owner of a Moto Z Force with the JBL sound boost speaker and Incipio wireless charging battery pack. I am hoping to make some time tomorrow to setup 2 new phones. Will let you know what I think once they are up and running

WOOOoooooooofreakin'HOOOOoooooooo!
I can't wait to hear (read) what you think! Hurry it up so you can teach me some things about it ;)

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I just laughed out loud.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I just laughed out loud.

I am totally serious! I miss the days of being behind y'all with technology. You all had already been through all of it and could tell me exactly what to expect. The unknown is a teeny bit unnerving to me. Fortunately, some of the folks that have helped me along the way are with me on the Z Force so that's cool!
Welcome aboard!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Decided to stay up and set mine up tonight. Third update downloading now, Nougat. Then I can finally set it up. I'm not complaining, but I do already miss the "Moto Dimple" on the back. That's gonna take some getting used to.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Decided to stay up and set mine up tonight. Third update downloading now, Nougat. Then I can finally set it up. I'm not complaining, but I do already miss the "Moto Dimple" on the back. That's gonna take some getting used to.

I wondered how you were going to be able to wait lol!
I still miss the dimple....
I've been having a tough time with arthritis in my thumbs. I thought it was tendinitis & was rather offended when my young doctor diagnosed me lol! Any how, I've got this little finger strap thingy I attached to the battery mod that helps me hold it. The weight of this thing with the mod was putting way too much stress on these tired paws.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I would especially like to know how truly "dedicated" the dedicated shutter button is. Please keep us posted. Thanks!

I'm not much of a photographer but my wife is. She's a semi-pro. She used her Hasslebad camera last night to take pictures of our main Christmas tree and absolutely loves the camera mod. Sounds like the shutter button is like a true shutter button, sound and all. I'm not sure if it's worth the full price, depending on how serious about zoom you are. But it's pretty cool and takes good pics if you can afford it, or find it on sale.

I will ask her to take some nice pics and send to me so I can post in the Droid Z camera thread.