Motorola wants to protect your ears...

Scribble

Reaction score
Did anyone else get the little "Listening to loud music for extended periods of time can be hazardous to your hearing" thing that automatically turns your volume down? Is that a legal thing or something? All you have to do is hit volume up again, but still... :p

Yeah it actually saved me haha. I was on Youtube and picked this music video and I didn't know the volume was all the way up and I heard the music very loud on my earphones but a notification popped up a second later, stopped the video and lowered the volume. Thank you JB

VERY annoying...With my stock Bionic it appears they've taken it a step further - every time I start a music service (headphones or not), my volume is auto set to middle level and I am yet to find a way to disable this.

On the bright side, I'm ditching Moto in a couple of months, so I won't have to deal with their BS ever again :)

the note 2 has the same message so I am thinking that is something oems are doing to prevent lawsuits.

If you are rooted you can disable it. Its called acoustic warning.

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

If you are rooted you can disable it. Its called acoustic warning.

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Can you elaborate on this? What is being rooted? I'm extremely intent on disabling this stupid warning. If music is hurting my ears I will turn it down.

car speakers

I use my phone plugged into my car speakers. Almost got me in an accident. Turned down my music and then I have to look away from the road to push "OK" to get it off my screen and back to my music. Stupid lawyers didn't think about that. I get into an accident, I'm suing Motorola even though im sure I won't win. Just to make them look bad. The app should be an option only!!! Not forced!!!

Back