Need Help - 5 vibrates > Blinking green

Ixa

Reaction score
Hello there. Long time lurker, first time poster.

I have rooted my phone before and decided to root my fiances phone. Everything was going fine, I used unrevoked3 to turn s-off. After getting s-off, I updated the radio and the phone restarted. I checked the radio version and made sure everything was working properly, (it was). (didn't battery pull)

I restarted the phone to get into recovery in order to install CM6 and the phone buzzed 5 times, the screen turned off, and the green notification light began flashing.

I did tons of research and everyone who says anything about this says they can never get it back into froyo.

I used the hBoot version of doug piston 's instructions (to the letter, s-on was on at this point) and the phone still does the 5 vibes, green light thing. HOWEVER --->

If I start the phone, plug in the usb for 10 seconds and unplug usb, the phone boots into froyo, the only problem being, sdcard is listed as unavailable, astro shows the sd card as empty, apparently the SD card isn't mounting.

I saw the information in this thread SOLVED: messed up partitions on internal storage - CyanogenMod Forum

and thought there might be a possibility of getting my fiances phone to read her SDcard again.

Any help would be immensely appreciated. thanks for reading.

Last edited:

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
First step is to do a battery pull. Try that and let us know if anything changes.

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What did you use the hboot version of? Were you following the get back to stock thread?

OP
I

Ixa

Reaction score
Yes, I was following the get back to stock thread.

I have done battery pull multiple times, in fact, it is the only way to stop the phone vibrating and blinking and attempt to get into hboot or froyo

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can't flash an hboot alone with s-on. You'd need the whole ruu but this will not fix your problem. I bet if you check your device manager you'll see a qualcomm listed.
You've gotten yourself into a qualcomm download mode. While I haven't tested it the theroy is the only way out is to do a battery pull. Pull the battery wait about 5 mins reboot and report back.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

OP
I

Ixa

Reaction score
Will do. Doing that now

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have a feeling this theroy is about to be blown to hell.

OP
I

Ixa

Reaction score
Still 5 vibrates + blinking green. If I plug it into usb while it is on the "htc incredible" screen and unplug it about 10 seconds later, It will boot into froyo, otherwise, it will show me the "htc incredible" screen and then vibrate 5 times and blink with a green light until i pull the battery and start over.

edit - Also, I can get into Hboot while it is unplugged from USB, but not while it is plugged in.

edit edit - when I try to get to recovery, a picture of a black generic smartphone comes up with a red exclamation mark inside a triangle.

Last edited:

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I know what it does. Your not the first this has happened to. So lets start at the beginning.

At the start of this were you s-on or s-off? Should have been s-off am I correct?
When you tried to flash the rom did you use rom manager or did you hold the vol - and power?

And check your device manager, while booted and rebooting.

OP
I

Ixa

Reaction score
At the very start, i got the phone to s-off. when I tried to flash the radio is when the phone started acting strangely in froyo and when i rebooted it began doing the 5 vib green flash thing.

when i tried to flash the rom, i used vol - and power. (with the sdcard in fat32 and the build-3.26.605.1-release-152016-baseband-2.15.00.07.28-hboot-0.92.0000_PB31IMG.zip

This appeared to work, and with the usb plug trick, i am able to boot into froyo, however, the phone won't read the sd card, wont format the sd card etc.

It was s-on at this point.

Last edited:

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Froyo is just a build version of Android. What I want to know is if you were running a custom rom? If so which? And how did you get into hboot? Did you maybe press the vol+ and vol- and power?

Last edited:

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
K. Other ideas, trying powering up holding the vol+ and then the vol-. Maybe both at the same time also.

QuickSilver98

Reaction score
Did anyone figure out how to solve this problem? I'm having the exact same symptoms with my incredible

OP
I

Ixa

Reaction score
Verizon sent me a refurbished phone free of charge after some telephone troubleshooting. I ensured that the phone was in s-off before returning it.

porkbrains

Reaction score
Same problem. Has anyone fixed this? I flashed the #16 nightly of CM7 and then flashed the EVOradio. I know I unmounted the sd in recovery, but I was on a mac and didn't eject it from the mac end. I rebooted, my mac informed me that I hadn't ejected properly, the cyanogen booted fine, but my SD card was missing. Rebooted trying to fix and then this 5 vibe>flashy situation.

Same symptoms. I can't get to a card reader until I'm home on my PC. How shall I proceed? What is weird is that when the sd card is in, it checks the PB31IMG and says it's okay. Then I can boot into recovery (only when it's plugged into usb) but can not mount the card.

Format the SD to FAT32 and put a new PB31IMG.zip? Reflash the ROM then?