Need Help - 5 vibrates > Blinking green

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Same problem. Has anyone fixed this? I flashed the #16 nightly of CM7 and then flashed the EVOradio. I know I unmounted the sd in recovery, but I was on a mac and didn't eject it from the mac end. I rebooted, my mac informed me that I hadn't ejected properly, the cyanogen booted fine, but my SD card was missing. Rebooted trying to fix and then this 5 vibe>flashy situation.

Same symptoms. I can't get to a card reader until I'm home on my PC. How shall I proceed? What is weird is that when the sd card is in, it checks the PB31IMG and says it's okay. Then I can boot into recovery (only when it's plugged into usb) but can not mount the card.

Format the SD to FAT32 and put a new PB31IMG.zip? Reflash the ROM then?

As much as it pisses me off, there is no solution other then exchange. God I hate saying that.

porkbrains

Reaction score
As in, exchange the SD card for another? That is pretty lame. I did get the phone to boot finally. The strangest part is that hboot shows S-on. Now it just wont recognize the SD card.

porkbrains

Reaction score
OOOOOOooooooohhhhhhh. Exchange exchange. Super lame. Is there any way to get a different kernel on there? My hboot shows incrediblek XD SHIP S-ON with the July Radio and if they manage to boot, cyanogen proudly displays...

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OOOOOOooooooohhhhhhh. Exchange exchange. Super lame. Is there any way to get a different kernel on there? My hboot shows incrediblek XD SHIP S-ON with the July Radio and if they manage to boot, cyanogen proudly displays...

If you can get into recovery you can try another kernel. I have seen people get it to boot but experience the same sd card issues and the device is never the same.

porkbrains

Reaction score
I can get into recovery, but get an error for any changes involving the SD, even internal. Is there a way not involving the SD to get back to stock recovery? I doubt the store folks would try anything involving the recovery, but Clockwork shows up if you select recovery from HBoot... better safe than sorry, if possible.

brando56894

Reaction score
I just made a thread about this (link) because I didn't see this one. I have the same issues only mine occurred when I had Incredibly Re-Engineered v2.3 on there and tried to flash HeyItsLou #9.

I can access clockwork recovery v2.5 but it wont allow me to access the internal storage or sdcard.

Last edited:

jimb0

Reaction score
I really, really hate to bump such an old thread but I find myself in the same predicament as the original poster and am unsure what to do.

I was using stock 2.2 on my Incredible, but rooted to remove some bloatware. While trying to do a simple backup with Clockworkmod, my SD card apparently reached capacity and it quit.

Then when it went to reboot I got the white splash screen, it vibrates 5 times, the screen goes black, and the LED flashes. Pulling the battery is the only thing that restarts it.

It goes into HBOOT ok. I was able to format the SD card, and have flashed stock Froyo from the card itself and my PC via RUU successfully.

The phone will ONLY BOOT, as the OP mentioned, if I plug in a USB cable during boot for a few seconds while the phone shows the splash screen. It then boots up and actually works until it needs to be rebooted for whatever reason or if the USB cable is connected and then disconnected again. The phone shows both SD card and internal memory as "unavailable" though.

Very, very weird.

I've had the phone since May 2010, so it's out of warranty but I'll try everything to get ok working again.

Anyone happen to come across a possible solution? Thanks for any advice!

Last edited: