Solved Need Help Transfering "folders" from PC to phone

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
First, I fell with my beloved MAXX and when I checked my phone, the screen was literally black, except for two tiny lines, one green and one blue. I had an upgrade coming and decided to get a Turbo. I would not have given up my MAXX for any other reason. I had zero complaints and zero problems.

I am posting here, instead of the Turbo area, because the folks who helped me here, in the past, were always right in their help and suggestions. Also, I searched in the Turbo area and found nothing that came close to my problem. So, I am hoping that even though this may be in the wrong area, it would be common to any Android phone, and the same people who were so helpful in the past, would be able to help me.

I have always taken my MAXX and hooked up to my PC and backed it up. I simply
explored, copied all the folders and pasted into a "MAXX backup" folder. I can see folders I had made with specific topics and photos, i.e. different welding projects, trailer mods, retriever pics, etc. I made those "new" folders in the MAXX, but can't remember how, or how to drag or copy into them.

I am trying to regain two things:

1-my Motorola Gallery. I have imported all photos/video that I had saved to my MAXX from my Sony camera. But, am not sure how to get them into the gallery.

2-With the Turbo connect to my PC, I must have forgotten how, but cannot simply go into the Turbo and "make a new folder", nor can I click on the backed up MAXX folder(s) and copy and past or drag and drop to the Turbo. I may have simply forgotten the procedure, but my MAXX had folders with the pictures from projects I worked on that allowed me to open that folder and show other people.

on edit--when going thru the list of "my apps", I noticed a couple I had on my MAXX did not show up to re-download to the Turbo. I thought the system knew, somehow, that this new phone could not run the old app, but I saw some apps had a notation about not being compatible with the new phone. I had an app that would let you control volume, buy letting you set your daytime and nighttime settings and you simply clicked on the icon, and chose the one you need. Now, I don't see that one listed and have not seen one in the store, but am still looking.

And, in an app, Scanner Pro, I had a lot of "favorites" set and wish I could locate the folder that may be in to regain those settings, I don't think I ever backed it up in Backup Pro, as they never had problems when releasing updates, unlike some apps that are literally ruined. So, I generally trusted that developer.

I hope this makes sense and there is a simple solution. I appreciate any help or ideas.
Thanks

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Let me see if I might have a few ideas that could help. For #1, typically the gallery app will automatically find your pictures when you open your app. If not, move the pics on your Turbo to the DCIM folder. You can do that either with a file management app (such as ES File Explorer, Root Explorer, etc) or from your pc.

For #2, it could be that the correct or updated drivers are not installed on your pc. Often when this is the case, your pc will give you a notification to install drivers when you first connect your Turbo to the pc. It could also be that you need to go into the drop down status bar on your Turbo and select how you want your Turbo connected to the pc.

For "on edit" in my apps, when your in play store in "my apps," swipe the screen to the left or tap the "all" tab at the top. This will list all the apps that you have ever installed in the past.

Scanner Pro... I'm not familiar with that app but your settings for that app that you had on your Maxx probably did not transfer to the turbo and you will have to set those settings up again in your Turbo.

Let us know if this helped answer any of your questions.

sent from my Note3, (currently, but soon to be??) using tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Excellent points by TisMyDroid. I assume you have the Moto Device Manager (MDM) software installed on your PC since the laptop worked with the Droid Maxx. Is MDM still installed? What happens when you connect the Turbo? I also recently switched from a Maxx to a Turbo and was able to copy my pics, music and other files from my Maxx to my laptop and then from laptop to Turbo.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Thanks TisMyDroid and sajokaz! Sorry for the very slow reply. I was in some mountains for the last few days and the reception was spotty. I didn't think anyplace, nowadays, had sometimes no signal, or a very minimal, non-usable signal. But,I was there, like off the grid area.

That is why you are a Super Mod! What you replied with jogged my memory. With that help, I located the files, transferred them and got my original apps located and reinstalled. And, you were correct with Scanner Pro. I had to go thru and designate my favorites, my setting and alerts. I never located one app that allowed me to make a day and night setting for different volumes. Never found it in the whole list of volume apps. I am guessing it is no longer available, nor supported. But, I found another that did the same thing.

Bottom line....everything is perfect, as before. I really do appreciate the help and, again, am sorry for the turtle-slow reply.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Thanks for the update TxDoc and for the appreciation. It is what I love about DF, we have the most helpful members that are ready to assist till the problem is resolved or at least till all possible options are exhausted. If I wasn't there with ideas, sajokaz was and then others would have been there to step in if needed. Happy to hear you were able to remedy the problem. That is always good news. No problems regarding the delay. We are also a patient bunch, aware that sometimes our lives get busy.

Funny thing, I had the same problem with no service up in the north country yesterday. I was not happy and said to my friend, "what, people who live up here don't use cell phones?" I really expected that even the Artic should have cell service, lol!

sent from my Note3, (currently, but soon to be??) using tapatalk