Need some help. Rom Manager and recovery not working

mkibble

Reaction score
So im trying to unroot so i can use my warrenty for a new droid (headphone jack is messed up) Im running the newest version of BB but for some reason the market has been goofed up and wont finish an update of rom manager. To start, my phone wont boot to recovery with Clockwork or SP. so i was gonna try to redownload rom manager...but when i try...it shows that im still trying to download an update (its not even installed at this point) and when i hit cancel download the market FC's. So i dont know how to even reinstall or download Rom manager. aside from all of this i tried doing rsd lite and reinstalling SP recovery or reseting my phone but im not able to hit the start button. soooo im stuck. Thanks for any help. i dont care how i unroot or anything.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt try to use rom manager at all. I advise Switching to stock sbf... that would remove recovery from your phone and make your phone stock just like when you first got it. Having sprecovery voids the warrenty. So what you need to do is get The Stock Sbf from the guide (give me a min and ill post a link) and use rsdlite to flash that badboy on their. can you be more detailed about your rsdlite problem?

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is it. :) :http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-faqs/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html
christim did a great job putting together this guide, id be a fool to explain it myself, his is very in depth. :)

Ok, I need to get back to a stock phone. how do I do this? (box option 05)
Getting back to stock (SBF method):

You will need to have RSD Lite installed to flash the stock 2.01 sbf file for Motorola Droid.

Download the following file:
  1. Connect your phone to the PC via USB and turn it off then while your phone is booting hold up on the DPAD.
  2. Run RSD Lite 4.6 as Administrator (For all you Vista and 7 folks out there. If you are using XP you may not need to run as Administrator)
  3. If your phone is not displayed in the "model" column you may need to do the following:
    1. Select the "config" option from the upper left corner of the tool
    2. Select DeviceId Options
    3. Select one of the two options available. By default neither are chosen, and my phone shows up fine with neither one selected.
  4. Click the [...] next to the filename box and browse to where you saved the .sbf file you want to use and double click the .sbf file.
  5. Hit start and below it should give you completion progress.
  6. Your phone will reboot and you will be on a stock 2.01 phone with no root installed.
Credit to ikithme for the original post, Unroot/Unbrick your phone using .sbf, which I've altered slightly here.

You now are on a stock phone, unrooted, just like when you first got your phone. You can apply the OTA (over the air) update files to get to the current version.

OP
M

mkibble

Reaction score
im currently watching the video on here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad/65751-i-want-unroot-new-froyo.html

So well see how far i get. Before i was having trouble getting my phone to be recognized but then realized usb debugging wasn't on. so i turned it on and at that point it popped up and i selected the file to be installed but the start box was still grayed out. so i dont actually know if you need usb debugging on or not and if not im not sure why my phone wasn't showing up in rsd light. Im on windows 7 64 btw.

OP
M

mkibble

Reaction score
yup. i got to the same point but the start button is grayed out.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
"The Start button is grayed out until a file is selected, but it also becomes available if I hand-type 1.sbf into the filename field."

This solve the problem? sorry im on my kubuntu pc at moment, can you hit Portscreen on your pc and show me a picture if the problem isnt solved?

OP
M

mkibble

Reaction score
what should my bootloader be reading atm?

OP
M

mkibble

Reaction score
interesting. i put the file in the root of my C: drive and it allows me to start but it immediately says failed and stops.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just two quick questions, One You are in the Droids bootloader right? (you pressed up for 5 seconds while booting up droid)
And two Have you installed Motorola Drivers?

OP
M

mkibble

Reaction score
im in the boatloader. it says

Bootloader
2c.6c

battery ok
ok to program
transfer mode:
usb

and i just reinstalled the correct drivers. i should add that the boatloader was still open when i uninstalled them and reinstalled them...would that matter?

also i turned usb debugging back off, should that be back on? i wasn't sure if it even matter in the bootloader.

Last edited:

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
lol, maybe its cursed.
Ok seriously though. lets try a couple things, 1. Try renaming the sbf 1.sbf (its simple lol, then see if it flashes) 2. Do you have another pc where you are? Try installing rsdlite & m drivers on a different pc, then connect your phone and try it. 3. if you dont have another pc, then completly uninstall rsdlite, and the drivers. Lets completly startover so we can narrow the problem. Once they are uninstalled, restart pc. Then install them both again (hopefully our curse will be gone lol). Now connect droid and see if it flashes. If the problem is still their then You need to start playing with the "config" options. (matter fact try playing with config options before you uninstall the first time two, just in case) if the problem still persists after that...throw your pc against the wall, lol jk...,then Reply or pm me. im on for 3 more hours so we got time. :) i know its alot of work. but come on its a new droid. :) I will research your problem more if the problem still persists btw, im a good googler.