New Findings and Fixes thread for Droid 2.0.1 OTA updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
miami, do you want me to go through an clean all the off-topic stuff again, or do you just want to give up?

RubberSoul

Reaction score
Found this nugget from computerworld.com

"Verizon has noted that to get the free update, the Droid device needs to have 40% or more power available if it's not connected to an external power source and 20% power available to it if connected to a power source"

mine has been well over 40% all day, and yet im out of luck as of yet, just thought I should pass this on, hope it hasnt already been discussed.

OP
M

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
miami, do you want me to go through an clean all the off-topic stuff again, or do you just want to give up?

Clean it up leave it here. Friday this may be a necessary thread

OP
M

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Please

PLEASE HOOVER this thread again.. pretty please!! This thread COULD really be a geat place to look for all the new tips etc for 2.0.1.

Oh, and Hoover my post too :)

YOur wish is my command! Please try to use the OTA thread for the update general discussion. If necessary we can open a second thread in the General discussions threads for this also. Leave this thread to bugs, issues, and fixes. Thanks again and have a great night!

MInkyboi

Reaction score
I dunno if anyones posted this but the Picture Frame widget also got the black color treatment and the frames are thinner too

khicon

Reaction score
FYI: I've just follow the instruction on how to manually update to 2.0.1 and rooted the droid in the hack section of the forum. After the update, the droid seem to run a lot faster and smooth. I'm currently runnin panda home and it was pretty laggy b4 the update. But after the manually update, its SUPER fast. No lag and smooth. I've notice the power widget is now black instead of white(?) in 2.0. I've also play around with the camera auto focus and it has been fix just like it said in the vzw update notes.

windstrings

Reaction score
Yep.... Here is the link again to the thread and instructions to "get it now!"

When I look in contacts when Im at the top of my list, it now tells me how many contacts are displaying... don't remember that before.

khicon

Reaction score
When I look in contacts when Im at the top of my list, it now tells me how many contacts are displaying... don't remember that before.

I believe I saw that display b4 the update, eg. in 2.0. Correct me if I'm wrong.

atlharry

Reaction score
I do believe my facebook contacts are syncing better as well! I'm getting contact pics for people that I just could not get no matter what I tried!

Gonna check to see if the widget works any better...

Edit - Wow! The widget updates now! lol, i don't even use it. I just like things to work like they should...

Last edited:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just updated.... 'Power Control Widget' now an black bar... no icons... doesn't do anything. anyone else?

edit: power control widget now working... and it is black... and damn sexy! it's ALL GOOD.

brianr0131

Reaction score
Kinda disappointed in Exchange email still. It still lists all the mail in the sent folder by the sender not the recipient. This is just plain dumb. Can't be a tough fix. Maybe they just missed it?

Status
Not open for further replies.