Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Assumptions point to 7.1 coming along with the new phones, probably "Fall". Would be nice if they put a tweak in the next security patch, that will hopefully come in the next week or so.

bolden88

Reaction score
How's 7.0 been running for everyone? One of the changes has to do with Doze and the fact that it is suppose to be more active (or inactive). I have not seen the same leveling out in the battery graph with Doze like I had with marshmallow. Some maybe think it isn't working. Also, my signal seems to drop out randomly while showing connected in the status bar.

Sent from my Nexus 6P
7.0 has greatly improved my battery. I am back to a full day of use without charging. Glad I did the beta to it early. Doze is great.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
7.0 has greatly improved my battery. I am back to a full day of use without charging. Glad I did the beta to it early. Doze is great.
That's the opposite effect I'm seeing almost everyone have. You're lucky.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Really? Post up some battery stats. I'm as with a lot of others are horrible.

tommyg562000

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, battery life has improved with N. I'm getting 3 hours on screen time now versus 2 to 2.5 hours on marshmallow.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm in the same boat, battery life has improved with N. I'm getting 3 hours on screen time now versus 2 to 2.5 hours on marshmallow.

But you don't find your battery dying faster?

It's well documented that most users have seen a decrease in overall battery life.

Would you mind sharing your battery usage screen?

Did you do an fdr after installing?

Mustang & I have tried all sorts of rumored fixes, but he gave up & flashed back to Marshmallow, his was so bad. I'm limping by, charging after work, but considering flashing back too.

The only times I ever had to charge after work on mm were when I was seriously slacking off & playing games & it still wasn't as bad as Nougat sitting in my pocket most of the day.

tommyg562000

Reaction score
I don't feel like it's dying faster. I did not do a FDR. I upgraded from dp5 beta. I'll post my usage screens tomorrow night before I throw my phone on the charger.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah, it's pretty bad for me. WiFi is terrible as well. I'm only getting 5mbps where my iPad and my wife's Turbo are getting over 20mbps, it also drops occasionally. Battery life and WiFi speeds are the issues in having and I've tried a reset.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

3dsrules

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
bq
Twitter
@ntc_oficial
I have lot of hype for nougat.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yeah, it's pretty bad for me. WiFi is terrible as well. I'm only getting 5mbps where my iPad and my wife's Turbo are getting over 20mbps, it also drops occasionally. Battery life and WiFi speeds are the issues in having and I've tried a reset.

Sent from my Nexus 6P
Really? My wifi speeds are just as good as they ever were, if not better. Battery, on the other hand...Nowhere near as good as it was.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know what it was on MM, but it was a lot better than it is now. I've seen a lot of others having the same issue.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Guess I've just been so concerned with battery life that I haven't noticed reports of WiFi issues.

I ran a test after seeing your post and got 61mbps down. I consistently get shutting 40.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well rub it in why don't you..

Sent from my Nexus 6P