Nougat OTA yet?

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That just shows the connectivity issues, but there are also reports of slow speeds. What a mess this update is. I'm not having very good luck with Nexus devices. My other was a Verizon GNex.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Google Groups

Sent from my Nexus 6P
Wow. Yeah. I'd say there's an issue there. I haven't noticed anything like that on mine.

I've been back to work for a week now after the baby was born & wearing my AW watch, connecting to BT in my truck, & using WiFi while at home.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That just shows the connectivity issues, but there are also reports of slow speeds. What a mess this update is. I'm not having very good luck with Nexus devices. My other was a Verizon GNex.

Sent from my Nexus 6P
Same here. We had vzw to blend for crap support on the gnex...

I was having issues with people saying i sounded muffled when on calls too, before the update. That was supposedly fixed with 6.0.1, but it was bad.

Still not sure it's fixed, but I'm on the phone less now that I'm back to work.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wow. Yeah. I'd say there's an issue there. I haven't noticed anything like that on mine.

I've been back to work for a week now after the baby was born & wearing my AW watch, connecting to BT in my truck, & using WiFi while at home.

And see, I've had no issues with Bluetooth either, just the WiFi. You were in the beta program right? I heard the update never actually rolled out to non beta users.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yes and no. I bounced in and out of the beta, but I did sign back up when I read that being in the beta would get you the official update right away.

So, yes, I used the beta to update to Nougat and am still enrolled.

I guess I haven't really paid much attention to reports of others getting the OTA without being in the beta either. If they really have postponed the rollout to non-beta users, you'd think we'd see another beta patch sometime soon.

I forget, but didn't the update screen say this was supposed to be a stable build? If there are still issues and they're not rolling this out to all users, I'd say it's still a beta build and they owe us some kind of fix or roll-back since they claimed it was stable.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah, the only ones I've read having issues are those in the beta program, then I saw someone mentioned that the update was stopped and never released widespread. It did say it was stable.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm not impressed with the way this has been handled at all. They've got issue-tracker posts. They obviously know there's an issue, even if they didn't stop the roll-out, but if they DID stop the roll-out to non-beta devices, it'd sure be nice if they issued a statement.

I'd be happy to sit tight and wait if they'd just come out and say that they're working on fixing the bug(s), but the first time my battery dies because I don't have a chance to charge it after work before heading somewhere else will be the last time. I'll leave the beta and flash back to MM and wait for the official OTA and hope they've fixed it by then.

Seems like Google is really starting to stumble lately, IMO. I've been with android since the OG phone, the G1. It's never been perfect, but it's gotten so much better, I take for granted having a phone that I can completely rely on.

I wasn't so sure about how much doze really helped, even seeing the plateaus on the battery stats screen, until I got this update and it doesn't have the same effect that it did on MM.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Same here, just let us know you're working on it and I'll be content. It seems a little ridiculous to have an issue like this on what is suppose to be their premium, flagship device and remain silent.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Some of the reports on battery issues go back to like DP3 or 4. You're bragging that doze is smarter and battery lasts longer, yet you still release what you're calling a stable build that still has a bug that was reported during your dev preview!? Not something I'd expect from big G at all...

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I don't have any Wifi/BT issues. That I'm aware of. I was on the phone the other day and I wasn't told i was muffled. I guess I need to ask. Why do I need to ask though?

Nougat you suck! Google get on this now!!

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Finally had enough and flashed to the September security update for MM. So much better.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Finally had enough and flashed to the September security update for MM. So much better.

Welcome to the club.

Plex server, Bluetooth playing gpm and some hangouts discussions about broken cars.

9dfbf431ad6087223a300a14e7c79a90.jpg

e77850623a536c0641e3520ad6fd2331.jpg

OP
S

shark86x

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I'm not in the beta and I have not gotten any notification for nougat yet.