Official "Which Device are You Coming From?" Thread

jamesjones25

Reaction score
I have to be Moto and Verizon's best customer. I've had D1,D2, and now D3. I must have the D4. I'm some what disappointed D4 is launched only 6 months after D3 but oh well. I still have the D2 so I will sell both phones for their new sibling this month.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

amishdude01

Reaction score
Coming from DX since august 2010. Can't wait for 4g. Looks like a perfect device to me =]

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

BraddahBoi808

Reaction score
Coming from Bionic. I miss having a keyboard...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

xxwabbit

Reaction score
D1 is my first ..D4 is hopefully my second.

Sent from an old fart..da D1

daryls61

Reaction score
I have a D1 and can't wait to switch. I prefer the physical keyboard so the D4 would be perfect. My D1 is so slow but was a great phone.

HutRU01

Reaction score
Droid 2, running Liberty 3.0....

It appears as if the Droid 4 will be my next phone. I really wished it came pre-loaded with ICS, but hopefully there will be some custom ICS options on this forum. :happy3:

TheEtherMan

Reaction score
I'm ready to dump my iPhone and go back to a keyboard. I wish it had a removable battery and a 4.3 inch screen, but it's the right move for me. I'm glad I waited on getting the D3 for LTE.

dsw1519

Reaction score
I have the D1, and got that on release day in 2009. I was pretty much set on the d4 until i saw it has a non removable battery. Now I'm leaning towards the razr maxx or the rezound.

Sidewinders247

Reaction score
Using Og Droid.... Liquid 3.2, running @ 1.25Ghz..... Flashed to Cricket,F.U. Verizon!!!! Lol!!! Had it since day 2 of release. Got to say though, Nex.S2 is really tempting! Love my droid though.....

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

satarecah

Reaction score
I'm not ditching my Razr but im getting this for my lady friend :\

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I got my bionic with the bestbuy buyback guarantee, so I'm going to use it... I get 350 when I trade the bionic, so I'll come up with the rest out of pocket to make up for it. which assuming a 700 price tag won't be that much more than I've payed before.

I love the bionic, but I love physical keyboards more, not to mention the bionic definitely went tits up after the nexus came out. roms haven't been updated in forever, blah blah... go figure :D can't wait for this to release, the 0.3" difference in the screen won't bother me enough to deter me, though I wish I knew why they went with a smaller screen.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I have the D1, and got that on release day in 2009. I was pretty much set on the d4 until i saw it has a non removable battery. Now I'm leaning towards the razr maxx or the rezound.

I don't think the Maxx has a removable battery. They extended the battery instead (thicker and longer lasting). Although if you talk a lot, then it's the right phone for you.

NeoPhoenixTE

Reaction score
Starting to think this poll needs to split up the option for Droid 1, 2, or 3.

I'd be coming from the Droid 2 myself. I personally only upgrade every other version, and my fit of jealousy at my friends who got the D3 is now long gone. Getting a slide-out keyboard with LTE will be awesome~!

Still have one of my "new every 2" discounts waiting, so I'll be putting that to work for me. :)

TC_Mits

Reaction score
I don't think the Maxx has a removable battery. They extended the battery instead (thicker and longer lasting). Although if you talk a lot, then it's the right phone for you.

The only difference between the RAZR and the RAZR MAXX is the larger plastic bag in the battery compartment and the extra thickness (seems like a jerky shave to me) to allow for it.
Since the battery doesn't come out, the only way to increase battery life is to make a whole new phone. Go figure.

Edit: Oh. DX atm, but really coming from my old VX9800 LG -- RIP. Great phone. Was all set to get a D4G til vzw (no, it wasn't Moto's idea) got stupid with the battery.

What I need is like what "Droid Does!' was: a cutting edge slide with all the pieces. The D4 is just cut up. Now, I'm hoping HTC makes a tier 1 unlocked slider with SD and a real battery (be great, too, if HTC could learn to HDMI).

But really, idk...

Perspective instantiates reality.
( By DX w/DF app. )

Last edited:

RoninX

Reaction score
I'm coming from a Droid 2. It's a good phone, and I've been very pleased with it in general, but the keyboard is mediocre. It's usable, unlike the terrible OG Droid keyboard, but the keys are too small and require too much pressure, and there's no dedicated number row. Also, I'm looking forward to much faster web surfing with LTE.