OK, my battery lasts 4 times longer now. No joke!

junpar

Reaction score
I'm confused. did you turn off the screen in that test, because if you didn't, juice defender would not have activated.. so it didn't even get to do what it's supposed to.

xxacexx2

Reaction score
I'm confused. did you turn off the screen in that test, because if you didn't, juice defender would not have activated.. so it didn't even get to do what it's supposed to.

Yes, I stated above how I used my phone. I am aware that when the screen shuts off apollo and juice defender do their magic.
I had my phone sitting next to me all day, and turned it on a few times to check it. Sometimes going to the market, sendings some texts, looking up news, etc. Not heavy use. BUT, juice defender shuts off connection to the network when the screen goes off...so it really doesnt matter...even if i turned my screen on once...then my battery should have lasted longer than an hour and a half because it wouldnt have been connected to the network and synching except for once every 15 min. Instead, the battery performed the same way.
So all in all, maybe in extremely specific scenario it may help someone. This is why i choose to not use it, because it is not universal. I want an app that will save me battery no matter how i use it.

Reaction score
You can't go by the first 10%, the widget is highly inaccurate. Best bet would be to go to 10%

Juice Defender is a huge difference. The other day i was getting ****ty battery life. I opened up juicedefender and saw it was disabled. Popped it back on been good ever since.

xxacexx2

Reaction score
You can't go by the first 10%, the widget is highly inaccurate. Best bet would be to go to 10%

Juice Defender is a huge difference. The other day i was getting ****ty battery life. I opened up juicedefender and saw it was disabled. Popped it back on been good ever since.

You may be correct, but I am not using a widget to determine the percentage. I am going into the phone status and reading the percentage from there.
It was supposed to be a quick test but it looks like it cant be done that way.
I am currently still testing and will mark how much time has passed with each percentage mark with both apollo and juice defender. People are wanting a thorough test so I just want to make sure I break it down all the way. Will post an update with full results later

Reaction score

You may be correct, but I am not using a widget to determine the percentage. I am going into the phone status and reading the percentage from there.
It was supposed to be a quick test but it looks like it cant be done that way.
I am currently still testing and will mark how much time has passed with each percentage mark with both apollo and juice defender. People are wanting a thorough test so I just want to make sure I break it down all the way. Will post an update with full results later

The widget and the method you use both get thier data from the same place.

Reaction score
I've been doing some testing also and have almost identical results to xxacexx2

Juice Defender seems to make no difference. ATK makes no difference or perhaps makes things a touch worse (perhaps because all the processes are restarting ?)

I've also noticed that a few apps have become unreliable since I installed ATK (Last.fm) I had a similar experience when I previously tried to use a task killer.

Also Battery Left has taken my expected battery life from 18 hours down to 14:30 since I started trying these two a week ago.

Phillipsave

Reaction score
I almost doubled my Battery Left estimate from around 10 to 20 hours today by removing live wallpaper and black background, lowering my background lighting to the lowest of 3 settings, and by keeping WiFi off except when I was using it for internet. FYI, I am running DroidMod, with SetCPU Ondemand between 250-1200. My use today was low/moderate. I have tried killing programs immediately with advanced task killer, but didn't like it.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
i got a lot of widgets and play around alot with the live wallpapers and run alot of apps..especially pandora =]....and after 2.1 update my battery life greatly improved...i could now go 2 days or more without charging my phone =]

Reaction score
i got a lot of widgets and play around alot with the live wallpapers and run alot of apps..especially pandora =]....and after 2.1 update my battery life greatly improved...i could now go 2 days or more without charging my phone =]

I believe you of course but I'm always stunned by posts like this. I am lucky to get 12 hour of moderate usage and in fact last night went to 65% overnight not even using the phone. I don't have any live widgets.

c_law23

Reaction score
as said previously by a few ppl. I installed juice defender and didnt notice any difference. I installed ATK and not only did my battery life worsen but my phone lagged often when returning to the home screen. Any I would get random glitches. The only thing i had ignored was the weather service, facebook, handcent, twitter, alarm clock and my emails. I can't believe the lag it gave me...

anyway, to each their own... glad its working for some of you guys.

Reaction score
Last nights test.

Reminder that Sunday night I left a fully charged Droid running with neither app going, wi-fi off. In the AM it was at 69% with most of it being used by Phone Idle and Standby

Last night I left only Juice Defender running, with the APN set for 1 minute every 15 minutes. You would expect that to make a difference. It did, this morning the phone was at 65% :) Juice Defender itself used 4% which makes the reading exactly the same.

I'm kind of surprised it's doing absolutely nothing, how does the app even access the APN when no other app is doing that ? Maybe you need root or some other specific phone setting to get the most out of this.

Wadman

Reaction score
I have to say, I have had the Apollo Task Killer for about a week now, and when I go to plug my phone in at night, I still usually have around 60-70 percent battery left. Before I downloaded it, I was at 20-30 percent every night. I unplug my phone at 7:00 a.m. usually every morning, and plug it in around 11:30 or so every night. So that's 16 1/2 hours of use. I surf the net constantly because I don't have any other internent source at my house. I listen to music, download apps, and wouldn't call my use "moderate." So all-in-all I would have to say that this app has helped my battery life. I actually installed it after the 2.1 update and my battery life is substantially better.....I love the fact that I can unplug my phone and not have to take my charger to work with me. :icon_ banana:

mills

Reaction score
Since I bought my phone I've played with many different configs and apps. I have been getting consistently 48-60 hours out of my battery with normal use.

Basically, I have no task killer, I have startup auditor to block a lot of useless apps from running. That's about it.