Ok so what do we do now?

rongotti

Reaction score
I returned my Note 7 and got the S7 Edge back in October. I want a new phone this year, but need to figure out what to do. The S8 plus looks dope, but deciding if I should I wait till August for the Note 8? Also, is Samsung doing anything further for us who were impacted?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
I returned my Note 7 and got the S7 Edge back in October. I want a new phone this year, but need to figure out what to do. The S8 plus looks dope, but deciding if I should I wait till August for the Note 8? Also, is Samsung doing anything further for us who were impacted?

I'm planning everything you said, Note 8 and a deal on it for those of us that had to return the Note 7.

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
Why not get back the Note 7? It's called the Note FE, and it very well may be sold world wide.:p

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8

it would be up to you. s7 is still a good phone. as far as what samsung will do for those who was forced to return the note 7, there are rumors they will give discounts for note 8 but really will not know until the announcement. and if you think the s8 looks dope, my guess the note 8 will be looking similar.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I don't see Samsung giving discounts on anything.:p

might be right after the way they are ripping off those who traded in old phones in order to get 200 bucks off the s8. even brand new phones are being sent in and samsung is sending emails saying the screen is cracked or the phone was not working then charging 175 bucks to credit cards.

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung is in business to make money, that's the bottom line. Now, if they happen to do the right thing every once in a while, well that's just dumb luck. I don't think for one minute that Sammy reads any of these blogs, unless it just happens to be one of their American employees, who passes on what he reads to one of his supervisors.:rolleyes:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Why would Samsung care they know people aren't going anywhere. The note 7 fiasco proved that. Despite all the bad publicity and stories coming out they weathered the storm and people forgot about it come April when the S8 hit shelves. Honor the $200 gift card, please. See I see Samsung playing it two ways. They play dumb and dare the customer go elsewhere or the "honor" the gift cards and raise the price of the phone $200.

You don't become a multi billion dollar company giving away money.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Why would Samsung care they know people aren't going anywhere. The note 7 fiasco proved that. Despite all the bad publicity and stories coming out they weathered the storm and people forgot about it come April when the S8 hit shelves. Honor the $200 gift card, please. See I see Samsung playing it two ways. They play dumb and dare the customer go elsewhere or the "honor" the gift cards and raise the price of the phone $200.

but if the note 8 becomes a fiasco, I think people will go elsewhere. I think people are sticking with the note series right now because until the 7, it was such a good phone. they are willing to give it another chance though I am wondering how many will stay when the price tag is announced.

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model

You got it, Batman, but give me Harley Quinn any day.:p

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
but if the note 8 becomes a fiasco, I think people will go elsewhere. I think people are sticking with the note series right now because until the 7, it was such a good phone. they are willing to give it another chance though I am wondering how many will stay when the price tag is announced.

True, I agree they are one more major fiasco from falling off their throne. But you can bet they are doing everything possible to make sure the Note 8 kicks off without a hitch.