OTA Update Fails

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Do you know if this new 4.03.605.2 leak version will create the same problem similar to those who used the ICS leak version. They never got the ICS OTA when it was released

It may or it may not. No one knows for sure until the OTA is out. As for myself, I'm waiting for the OTA. None of the issues including the Google maps issue is bothering me enough to flash another ruu. Most people know the risks of flashing a leak. And if they don't, I guess they'll find out the hard way. There's enough threads warning them. They can heed the warnings or not. It's there phone.

DroDough

Reaction score
Islander53 said:
Do you know if this new 4.03.605.2 leak version will create the same problem similar to those who used the ICS leak version. They never got the ICS OTA when it was released

Yes, you will get the OTA. Unless the OTA pushed out is the same version you flash. The reason people did not get the I.C.S. OTA is that Verizon servers only push to phones that are running a software build that is under the current one they push out. If Verizon's servers recognize that your phone is already running the build being pushed, then the servers think that you have already installed that build. If Verizon pushes an OTA that is greater than what you are using, you will get it.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
DroDough said:
Yes, you will get the OTA. Unless the OTA pushed out is the same version you flash. The reason people did not get the I.C.S. OTA is that Verizon servers only push to phones that are running a software build that is under the current one they push out. If Verizon's servers recognize that your phone is already running the build being pushed, then the servers think that you have already installed that build. If Verizon pushes an OTA that is greater than what you are using, you will get it.

I didn't get the ota and I was running an older build version than the ota. The ota is the .12 build and I was running the .5 build. Not a single person in here who flashed one of the ICS leaks got the ota. And it didn't matter which ics build they flashed. No one got it.

So the question stands... Will you get the ota if you flash the leak? No one truly knows.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

acejavelin

Reaction score
What are you the king moderator ????
Although HowardZ was perhaps a little abrupt with his response and could have been more tactful, I don't believe he intended his comment to be disrespectful or spiteful, and just like texting or IM, sometimes the original intent or emotion of a comment can be misinterpreted, but still with all that said, he is indeed correct... these boards are busy enough that your question will be answered without having to ask it in three different threads. He is a respected and extremely knowledgeable source on the Rezound and Android in general, and you would do well to listen when he says things.

DroDough

Reaction score
LoudRam said:
I didn't get the ota and I was running an older build version than the ota. The ota is the .12 build and I was running the .5 build. Not a single person in here who flashed one of the ICS leaks got the ota. And it didn't matter which ics build they flashed. No one got it.

So the question stands... Will you get the ota if you flash the leak? No one truly knows.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

You have a good point. I was running the .12 build and did not receive the ota. I was going by what the xda forums reported. I do think (and I could he wrong) it has to deal with the build numbers. All of the GB builds were 2.3.xxx.xx. all of the I.C.S. builds are 3.14.xxx.xx. so if you are running the 3.14.605.12 leak I would assume anything after that with the new 4.03.xxx.xx ota would push through. HTC as of yesterday when I talked to them on the phone claims they are doing I.C.S. maintence to push and fix the issues now. So it will come down to when a new ota pushes and someone is still running the .12 leak for us to really know 100%. I can admit if I am wrong, like I said I was just going off of the xda site saying you will get the ota. In the mean time maybe I should not make it sound like you will 100% get an ota if you are on a leak. Sorry if I mislead anybody.

Islander53

Reaction score
Although HowardZ was perhaps a little abrupt with his response and could have been more tactful, I don't believe he intended his comment to be disrespectful or spiteful, and just like texting or IM, sometimes the original intent or emotion of a comment can be misinterpreted, but still with all that said, he is indeed correct... these boards are busy enough that your question will be answered without having to ask it in three different threads. He is a respected and extremely knowledgeable source on the Rezound and Android in general, and you would do well to listen when he says things.

Thanks acejavelin...appreciate it and will adhere to protocols. Didn't mean to annoy anyone. I had posted a question on another thread (OTA and encrypted SD card) which never got answered.

tkoehler

Reaction score
Hi...I have been out of the loop for a bit. My version is still 2.3.4...I have never seen any updates show up on my screen....I don't know much about rooting the phone...should I just wait for the OTA of ICS and does anyone have an idea when it might be? I went thru a number of post, but it seems most users are rooted. Thanks so much in advance!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
tkoehler said:
Hi...I have been out of the loop for a bit. My version is still 2.3.4...I have never seen any updates show up on my screen....I don't know much about rooting the phone...should I just wait for the OTA of ICS and does anyone have an idea when it might be? I went thru a number of post, but it seems most users are rooted. Thanks so much in advance!

Have you not tried to pull the update in settings,about phone, system updates ?? I'm sure you'll get your 4.0.3..

tkoehler

Reaction score
droid2drummer said:
Have you not tried to pull the update in settings,about phone, system updates ?? I'm sure you'll get your 4.0.3..

I will give that a try...does it need to be WiFi or can the 4g handle it?

tkoehler

Reaction score
Well it downloaded some firmware update...said that I couldnt make a call for 10mins or so...but nothing happens. I am still on version 2.3.4. Not sure if i am doing something wrong or if my phone doesnt want to download it correctly. Any other thoughts on it......

Snoking

Reaction score
tkoehler said:
Well it downloaded some firmware update...said that I couldnt make a call for 10mins or so...but nothing happens. I am still on version 2.3.4. Not sure if i am doing something wrong or if my phone doesnt want to download it correctly. Any other thoughts on it......

That is the first of two downloads that gets your phone ready for the ICS download.