Plans for your SGSIII, Short-term, Long-term, or Flipping?

Beka27

Reaction score
What are everyone's plans for their new SGSIII? How many long-term users can we expect? Also, was this the phone you wanted "pre-June 28th news", or did the Shared Data news make up your mind?

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I am getting two. One will be flipped ASAP. The other I think I am gonna try out and see how I like it. Ya never know. May be worth keeping.

Uncle Chan

Reaction score
My purchase was a reaction to Share Everything. Most likely I will keep it stock. Sounds decent out of the box. I guess we'll see.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
I plain on keeping this one to use as my every day phone. Right now I am switching between the nexus and the maxx. But if the note 2 comes to Verizon with good specs I would switch to that

down1plus2

Reaction score
I was trying to hold out for the razr HD, but that shared everything plan killed that idea, and now forced to upgrade early. I've never had samsung phones, but that 64gb of total memory is very appealing to me. Imma give give the pebble blue a go. The blue looks pretty dark.

GSdub510

Reaction score
Definitely sell the S3 when the HD comes out, superior phone by far..

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

jgmecarter

Reaction score
GSdub510 said:
Definitely sell the S3 when the HD comes out, superior phone by far..

Wow. How do you know what the specs are on the hd?

jgmecarter

Reaction score
GSdub510 said:
http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/353405/20120618/samsung-galaxy-s3-motorola-droid-razr-hd.htm

The battery is 1.5 times larger.. 13 megapixel camera...similar screens and both have dual core snapdragons. With the screen the S3 has, battery life will be horrid, like past Galaxy S phones like my Fascinate.

You are going off rumors. The 13 Megapixel camera is a rumor. I can see it having the same processor but that is a rumor as well. Everything about this phone is a rumor. This phone could be great but it could be like the razor and the razor maxx both being really overrated with one of them having a big battery. I read a article from the website you had up there and the information that he had on the razor maxx was completely wrong. But to each is there own. Have fun with all the rumors hopefully all the rumored specs are true because if they are I will buy one as well and use it as my second phone

GSdub510

Reaction score
Well it will have the 3300 battery, which is why I got the Maxx. The camera will be improved for sure, more than 8 mp. And the Razr is already dual-core so either it will have the Qualcomm processor or who knows, might be quad-core like the American S3 should have been.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
GSdub510 said:
Well it will have the 3300 battery, which is why I got the Maxx. The camera will be improved for sure, more than 8 mp. And the Razr is already dual-core so either it will have the Qualcomm processor or who knows, might be quad-core like the American S3 should have been.

I am a lover of all cell phones so I hope it has every thing the rumors say it will have. But it will not have quad core because quad core does not work with 4g. What the hd needs is 2 gigs of ram if it does not come with that it will not compare with the S3. Watch and see the extra 1 gig of ram will out proform the extra 2 cores.

GSdub510

Reaction score
With the way Android handles apps, the increase in RAM from 1 GB to 2 isn't noticeable.

ryanr509

Reaction score
GSdub510 said:
With the way Android handles apps, the increase in RAM from 1 GB to 2 isn't noticeable.

And u think the 2 core will be?
Why does everyone keep thinking the gs3 isn't that great of a phone? It has the best processor for a 4g phone. Has the most ram. A huge battery besides the maxx and note. Has one of the better screens HD and samoled which is preference but either way its still a great screen. ICS. SD card slot and a good camera. What did everyone think this phone was going to be? It is going to probably be the best phone on the market when it hits stores.

Last edited:

jgmecarter

Reaction score
ryanr509 said:
And u think the 2 cores that won't even be used will be?

Tell me what you can do with a quad core that you can not do with a good dual core. Explain to me why Android apps won't run well with two gigs of ram really does confuse me

liteon163

Reaction score
I pre-ordered a pebble blue 32 GB Samsung Galaxy S III because of the changing plans. Otherwise, I would have kept my LG Spectrum (bought new off ebay) for at least a year instead of the 5 months it will end up being.

As soon as I settle into the new phone, I'll sell my Spectrum.

Sent from my LG Spectrum using Tapatalk 2.