radio flashing

denpth

Reaction score
Hey all,
I keep reading everywhere that is is not possible to revert to a previous radio. But it seems that i have done just that. It is simply just done by flashing the radio.img from the full stock image and rebooting.
So boot fastboot like normal and run this

fastboot flash radio radio.img
fastboot reboot

It boots into stock recovery afterwards and flashes the radio. Once done i am running radio 03.1C.50R 05.15.00 vs the .7 radio file of 03.1C.57R 05.15.02. Now if i can just get the damn webtop to flash ill be golden to update to 5.5 (its ran better for my tether app.)

Thanks for reading.

PS. If i am missing something here i apologize.

Calla969

Reaction score
Should be able to flash the webtop using moto-fastboot from mdw.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
D

denpth

Reaction score
so i had a bunch of issues installing previous patches and i found out why. While yes you can revert the radio, the kernel is what prevents you from installing anything besides stock radio or the radio from the version you have last updated. IE either you have the choice of 5.7.893 or 5.5.886 for your radio. I am trying to figure out if there is any way to flash an other radio. Fastboot does not prevent flashing it meaning for that portion the bootloader is not yet locked. The updates have a version checking routine which is checks the current version vs the patch you are installing for the kernel in particular. If you see a MTD:boot as your apply_patch_check error, thats the reason your kernel is higher than the patch you are trying to install. But in my mind it seems pretty intuitive that if i can flash the original radio into the phone there must be some way to flash a newer one but not the newest one. I know it is not possible to revert the kernel, due to the bootloader being locked but there must be some way to flash just a radio file if i can flash the original one in that method. Ok im done rambling.