Razr 2.3.6 update known issues

Reaction score
I would think that setting up smart actions is actually the exact opposite of letting the phone dictate your life. It is setting the phone up to get the most out of the phone around your life. There is no real reason to not use them, and they came with the phone, so in my mind that is actually using the phone the way it is intended. It also simplifies the use of the phone so much, no longer do I have to remember to set the ringer to vibrate when I am at work or in class, it automatically does it. I don't have to think to cut my notifications off at night so I can sleep(but still get emergency calls from the ones I actually would want). I don't have to think about cutting off background data when I am on WiFi.

Agreed. If the phone did not have sat actions and you were left without the ability to "customize" the usage, that would be an example of the phone dictating your life because you have no choice. With smart actions, the user dictates how the phone acts.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

huskur

Reaction score
Agreed. If the phone did not have sat actions and you were left without the ability to "customize" the usage, that would be an example of the phone dictating your life because you have no choice. With smart actions, the user dictates how the phone acts.

If you are using smart actions to set up when ringers go on and off or when to turn data (only when not needed not as an effort to conserve power) on or off ect....then it is good! I agree 100%. If you are using smart actions to cut off services you like just to conserve battery then its dictating the way you use your device. You should be able to use your phone the way its intended for the entire day without having to worry about having a "power issue". That was the point i was trying to make. My data is on ALWAYS. I have 3 kids in school and everything is driven by email and of course email from work during the day. Some things just can't wait until i wake up sometimes. Like school delays due to fog/bad weather. At some point during the evening i will wake and see the notification light flashing and can see what the day has in store. Could it wait until i woke? Sure, but its nice knowing before hand so I don't have to rush from the get go. Thats just an example.

I see people using "smart actions" to conserve power during the day just to make it through until they can get to a power source. Now thats crap

Last edited:

Zandar

Reaction score
I see people using "smart actions" to conserve power during the day just to make it through until they can get to a power source. Now thats crap
That's not "crap," that's a user choice. Different people have different usage. True story.

ultra09hd

Reaction score

That's part of its purpose jackass.

Reaction score
If you are using smart actions to set up when ringers go on and off or when to turn data (only when not needed not as an effort to conserve power) on or off ect....then it is good! I agree 100%. If you are using smart actions to cut off services you like just to conserve battery then its dictating the way you use your device. You should be able to use your phone the way its intended for the entire day without having to worry about having a "power issue". That was the point i was trying to make. My data is on ALWAYS. I have 3 kids in school and everything is driven by email and of course email from work during the day. Some things just can't wait until i wake up sometimes. Like school delays due to fog/bad weather. At some point during the evening i will wake and see the notification light flashing and can see what the day has in store. Could it wait until i woke? Sure, but its nice knowing before hand so I don't have to rush from the get go. Thats just an example.

Disagree. Even if the battery lasted 72 hours, I am sure some users would like to use smart actions to stretch their battery out to 96. Does this mean the phone is dictating their life?

Personally, I only use smart actions at night when I am asleep or for meetings and I have no issues with my battery and feel no need to conserve anything throughout the day.