[Release] Stock ESE81(2.1)-Deodexed

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
First off HUGE thanks to xeudoxus He helped me so much with this build, so thank you, and finally..... here it is...

stock ESE81, the 2.1 update for the droid -- DEODEXED --
only modifications to stock are that the ROM has been
-Deodexed
-Laucher is 5 screens instead of stock 3

everything else is stock, it has root, busybox, etc

this is a nandroid backup, you only need to restore
(*) BOOT
(*) SYSTEM

nothing else needs restored, if you are not currently using stock 2.1 then you will have to wipe data/cache so that you don't run into issues..

if you start having issues with this, try wiping data/cache and if you still have issues after that let me know, and i'll look into fixing it..

so far there have been no bugs or anything for me.. so let me know if you run into some.. :)

DOWNLOAD
HERE

Last edited:

bL33d

Reaction score
Can this be used with clockwork? If not anychance for a update.zip of this? I really prefer clockwork because u can format /system with it and search for zips to install.

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Can this be used with clockwork? If not anychance for a update.zip of this? I really prefer clockwork because u can format /system with it and search for zips to install.

do rom.tgz 's work in clockwork.. if they do i'll upload one now, if not then i'll ask stratt or forkup to get an update out, and placed onto ROM Mananger..

bL33d

Reaction score
i've never tried a rom.tgz in clockwork but i would assume they do...

tyroniousdex

Reaction score
i am trying this through RM now. I installed over CM early this morning. Not fully baked as stated. Woke up this morning actuallly afternoon saw this. I got a game plan. I spent over 20 hours playing with install mental and practice, so i have all of the steps memorized. I am gonna flash SP in RM and load the file install everything and then flash back to Clockwork. I think that this is gonna work. Will let u Know.

tyroniousdex

Reaction score
I have error 25. I did research. I think that i have 2 many files in my folder. I am gonna leave just the boot image and the nandroid image in it and see what happens

tyroniousdex

Reaction score
It Works

I made alot of noobie mistakes but was able to recognize them and correct them.(error 25 is folder structure not too mant file.LOL) I tried it strictly through Clockwork first and did not work. i downloaded the starter nandroid ( after your rom first) and I was good to go. o followed the PDF instructions to a T. (in DF). My only complaint is no 3d launcher (helix2 or otherwise). But I expect these things in due time. Great work to all involved. I feel like I am on the Enterprise with this thing now.dancedroid

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
I made alot of noobie mistakes but was able to recognize them and correct them.(error 25 is folder structure not too mant file.LOL) I tried it strictly through Clockwork first and did not work. i downloaded the starter nandroid ( after your rom first) and I was good to go. o followed the PDF instructions to a T. (in DF). My only complaint is no 3d launcher (helix2 or otherwise). But I expect these things in due time. Great work to all involved. I feel like I am on the Enterprise with this thing now.dancedroid

Lol.. This is as updated as this build gets, it's just for everyone who likes to run stock, but now deodexed..

SUcculent-Desire is ESE81 based, and all the roms are avaliable in the ROM Mananger app from koush, don't forget.. :)

tyroniousdex

Reaction score
I did the CM install but was not that clean. You made exactly what I was looking fo,r a clean foundation. The Cm will more than likely offer the features that I desire, but right now today you hit the nail on the head. Just what i needed to get a good look at the rom. Thanx

gmony01

Reaction score
anyway to disable OTA updates? Using this rom with P3Droid 1ghz 7slot.

metiCkOne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised
Hey Woodyman, I am trying to deodex my phone as well. Is there any way you can give me a hand with it, since you just did it yourself? I used Xultimate and it seems that everything worked, but I'm not sure what to do from there.

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Hey Woodyman, I am trying to deodex my phone as well. Is there any way you can give me a hand with it, since you just did it yourself? I used Xultimate and it seems that everything worked, but I'm not sure what to do from there.

um ok, if your using xultimate, after youve done steps 1,2,3,4 and everything is deodexed, then check in your done apps folder and open an apk if the classes.dex file is there then everything worked.!

from there do step no. 9

then go to advanced menu 1

do option 2

then option 6

and transfer the rom.tgz to your sdcard and reboot into recovery and apply the rom.tgz

it will boot and everything should be good from there.. :)

hope this helps