Stock ESE81-Deodexed???

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Is this the same ROM that is available in ROM Manager? I will be installing if it is. I am now running Pete's stock 2.1 root, are there any special things I need to do (wiping)? Also, what kernels would you recommend for this? Thanks a lot!

V

verian

Yes it is the same. I would would wipe everything, I always do even when I'm just updating to a new build. It just helps everything work right. For the newest release we are using BEKIT kernels there is links in the 5.0 beta section, but I've tried lost of different ones they all seem to work fine.

OP
ecsnead69

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Are you familiar with rom manager? It gives the option to wipe cache and I believe data before a download. Will that be enough? I have seen you posting a lot and you really know your stuff so you should be able to answer this. I want a good foundation rom to learn on as far as making changes, modding, etc. Will this be a good rom for that? I like other roms but I am a hobby guy and don' t really have the time to change out roms and fix bugs. I want to make a change, understand what I did, then when ready move on to the next mod. Thanks for the reply and sorry this was long-winded!

V

verian

Yea if you go with rom manager setup and wipe data and cache that will be plenty. Rom manager is really solid. I know a lot of people have been changing notification bars and adding different clocks and just creating there own style theme over rooted stock roms, I myself keep busy with testing things out so don't really change much along those lines. But there is always some one here to help if you get stuck with something.

OP
ecsnead69

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the help!!