[ROM] [JB] Blurry 1.0 (Official 5/1/13)

deduct

Reaction score
I had blurry max on my old ICS, and just updated to JB OTA. Do I need to install all the Blurrys, or can i just install the 2.4.1?

Install the latest version and then use ota updater to get current if need be

Import roller

Reaction score
are you talking about the safestrap update or the firmware update? I already have the JB update on the phone

Import roller

Reaction score
so I can just install any of the Blurry2.XX roms, install, take the OTA, and be good? What if safestrap isnt working though? I'll see if i can find another apk for Safestrap, not sure why the one I used on ICS isn't working now. Didn't think JB would stop it from working

deduct

Reaction score
You need safe strap 3.11 for jb. You must have been using 3.5

Import roller

Reaction score
I just got rid of all my old safestrap, downloaded the new one from the safestrap recovery thread, but the thing keeps stopping as soon as I open it. I can't get into recovery mode

Import roller

Reaction score
OK, This is weird. my phone is rooted, even in the voodoo it shows it's rooted, I have some apps that need root to work, and they are working, but then some apps that don't seem to have root access. Safestrap being one of them. I can't figure out why it's not seeing the root

deduct

Reaction score
Go into superuser app and try to update the su binary.

Import roller

Reaction score
tried that earlier. it fails trying to find the root. I even turned the root on and off in Voodoo and no luck. not sure if i need a different root than razzr edge. i'm drawing a blank on whats causing the problem

Import roller

Reaction score
as soon as i fix one issue, i create another. i accidently wiped the stock rom, so now the OS is missing. anyone know how I can reinstall the OS so i can have the phone turn all the way on?

MarkusMcNugen

Reaction score
Sorry guys. Completely forgot about the thread on droidforums.

as soon as i fix one issue, i create another. i accidently wiped the stock rom, so now the OS is missing. anyone know how I can reinstall the OS so i can have the phone turn all the way on?

Use RSD Lite and FXZ to Jellybean 98.72.22 (Put the phone in fastboot mode and connect to your computer through USB). Root with the Easy Root method via virtual box. There was some problem with OTA Rootkeeper and the Jellybean OTA that caused backups of the stock slot not to work when restored to the stock slot. By starting out fresh from a FXZ you wont run into this problem. Just make sure that you have some battery when you FXZ. If it dies during the FXZ process your phone will most likely be a paperweight unless you get a special type of cable or make one.

RSD Lite 5.6:
http://dl.androidtaskforce.com/OEM/Motorola/RSDLite5.6.msi

FXZ for Stock JB 98.72.22:
Dev-Host - cdma_targa_9.8.2O-72_VZW-22_cfc.xml.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Easy Root for Bionic running stock Jelly Bean:
http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/17202-easy-root-for-bionic-running-stock-jelly-bean/

P.S. You have to install Blurry 2.4 for the rom. The 2.4.1, 2.5 and 2.5.1 versions are just patches that go on top of Blurry 2.4 in sequential order. I only posted the links if people wanted to flash them manually in safestrap because of issues with OTA Updater. Just install 2.4 and navigate to Settings>Blurry Updates and it will give you notifications of updates and install them automatically after you tell it to download them. No need to wipe cache or data, everything is built into the scripts.

Last edited:

Import roller

Reaction score
Tried it this morning, RSD isn't seeing anything on my phone when I plug it in. everything is N/A