Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I'm exhausted, full change log tomorrow when I wake up

Release Notes:
Blurry 1.0:

Based off 2.3.15 (ota)
Completely deodexed, zipaligned, optimized, not like everyone else says, I mean it when I say optimized!
FULL Motorola Blur, get your social networking widgets and photo syncs!
Custom speed/battery tweaks
Internal task killer has been set a little more aggressive for better battery, stability, and speed
Tweaks to sysctl.conf
Market apps removed
Wallpapers installed to SDCard instead of in launcher!
Build.Prop mods (Credit to Beesley, edited by me)
Certain System files replaced with LATEST 2.2.1 source build apps (Calculator, Music, Gmail)
Bloatware Removed
LOTS of free space in system! Over 100 mb! I can't remember the exact amount, i'll edit it in when I load it back up
Amazing Boot animations credit to WJD Designs!
Rom is undervolted on install for better battery life
Because this rom is undervolted it may not co-operate with your phone, if it boot loops an sbf will be necessary, you have been warned, get in touch with me and i'll send you a non undervolted version
Overclock Script! Credit to JRummy for the awesome script. To access, just run:
su
cpu.sh
in terminal emulator, and follow instructions from there.
BETA:
Auto boot strap on every FULL boot of the system. This is beta, and will be tweaked within the next few days

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:
Open DroidXBootstrapper
Bootstrap Recovery
Reboot Recovery
Nandroid Backup (Just in case you don't want to keep my rom or something goes wrong)
Wipe Data/Cache
Install Zip From SDCard
Select rubiXBlurry1.0.zip
Select Yes
Reboot System
Enjoy

Download Link:
http://bit.ly/bN90Fs

The first boot will take a while, so be patient with it loading.

There will be hot patches within the next couple of days, just little things I haven't gotten around to, but don't wanna keep you guys waiting any more, and there will be 2 more (at least) versions with less blur to keep options alive.

I am NOT responsible by any means for ANYTHING that may happen to your phone. Blame Motorola for locking the bootloader!

I'm a college student working to put myself through school. I dedicate a lot of sleepless nights to this, so please, if you like my work, buy me some Red Bull!
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=TYYWQBR78DW7U

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
reserved for bugs

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
reserved for themes

jaben2

Reaction score
Well now I will have to give this a shot. I was running focused for a while. Had to leave it because of swype.
Thanks for the hard work.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Well now I will have to give this a shot. I was running focused for a while. Had to leave it because of swype.
Thanks for the hard work.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Focused also has swype :)

alosenster

Reaction score
Any idea if there will be a conflict updating from Blurry 0.3 if we don't wipe data/cache?

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Any idea if there will be a conflict updating from Blurry 0.3 if we don't wipe data/cache?

It's possible. If you have any issues, just wipe data/cache.

alosenster

Reaction score
Any chance we could get more explanation on the overclocking script bundled with the rom? A little walk-through of the different options would be nice.

Daali

Reaction score
Any chance we could get more explanation on the overclocking script bundled with the rom? A little walk-through of the different options would be nice.

I was going to try this rom today, but I see it is defaulted at 48Vsel @1GHz. This has proven to be a lock up vsel on my phone =/

Droid74

Reaction score
Drod i know you are going to change the Focused 1.6 voltage...are you going to change this one as well?

I loved your first Blurry and love Focused....oh the choices...you suck! =) (j/k)

Question: Will the themes that were originally released for both these ROMs still good to use or will they need to be updated for these versions?
Thanks

cpjr

Reaction score

I was going to try this rom today, but I see it is defaulted at 48Vsel @1GHz. This has proven to be a lock up vsel on my phone =/

You can still adjust the settings using Jrummy's overclock app to whatever you want, it will override what is baked into the ROM.