[ROM] Lithium Mod - Source built awesomeness! Themes galore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The monospace font bug that was in Kangerade 5.0.9 hasn't been fixed in Lithium Mod. The issue is that the DroidSansMono.ttf font file isn't a monospace (fixed-width) font, so Terminal Emulator, ConnectBot and other terminal-like programs that need a monospace font are messed up--they render the terminal winodow incorrectly. For example, allinone isn't lined up in nice neat columns. I tried to fix it this time by using allinone and selecting:

3 Change Fonts
22 Stock (original)

but that didn't fix the problem.

I'm going to repeat the post I made before which was apparently in the wrong, older Kangerade 4.0.7 thread instead of the Kangerade 5.0.9 thread I had intended to post this in:

Thanks jrummy for a great ROM. I have one small problem that I managed to fix. The Terminal Emulator as well as ConnectBot appear to be using a non-monospaced (non-fixed-width) font. This causes the cursor position as shown to not line up with its actual position where it should be. It also causes full-screen console apps to display incorrectly, since the text on each line doesn't line up with the other lines. E.g. "ls -l" output isn't lined up in nice even columns. I looked into this and discovered that the /system/fonts/DroidSansMono.ttf wasn't a monospaced font. I copied the DroidSansMono.ttf file from the Android SDK (platforms/android-8/data/fonts/DroidSansMono.ttf) onto the sdcard and from there to /system/fonts, and this fixed the issue in both the Terminal Emulator as well as ConnectBot.

su
mountsys
cd /system/fonts
cp DroidSansMono.ttf DroidSansMono.ttf.bak
cp /sdcard/DroidSansMono.ttf DroidSansMono.ttf
cd /
unmountsys
exit

I noticed that all the fonts in /system/fonts/ are dated from 2008. Maybe they should be updated to the newest ones? Or are these custom fonts? Either way it would be appreciated if you could fix the Mono one to actually be monospace. Thanks!

Hey, nice find!

Would you have any idea if it's a font issue that always seems to cause poor behavior in these text entry boxes like for example now as I'm typing messages into any forum from my Droid? The problem is so annoying, and had always done it on every ROM I've tried and even on 3 different Droids I've used, but like for example, right now as I type (doesn't matter what browser I use), but as I'm typing, the text entry box when zoomed-in with software keyboard on, or hardware keyboard on, doesn't matter, but the text entry box is too big, and Android always tries to auto-scroll it left-to-right, and it never does it right. When I scroll it manually to see what the the heck I'm typing in, then when I type another character in, it MOST ANNOYINGLY always scrolls so I can no longer see the text, and just as fast as I try to scroll so I can see it again, then if I even try to move the cursor or type so much as a single letter it ALWAYS auto-scrolls out of view. This BUG, is so bad that it almost seems as if they designed it to try to pi$$ you off because even after it will always scroll to the left so that you can never see what your typing, then when you get to the end of the line and hit carriage return, then it starts auto-scrolling to the right so you can never see what you're typing ever.

I'm typing this on my Droid as we speak and so I'm getting annoyed by this bug as I write this now. It's always bothered me but just accepted it as 'normal'.

Does anybody else have this problem? Is it just me who can never see what they type?

I wish what I could do is just zoom the whole text-entry box out so it is exactly as wide as whichever screen I'm using (portrait or landscape). Then it wouldn't ever scroll at all. So if I do zoom it how I want, then the keyboard looses focus, so I click in the text-entry box again and it auto-zooms in WAY too far again and can't auto-scroll left-to-right again in that same way, so you can never track your cursor. It is major buggy and unintuitive, and I'm always embarrassed to let any iPhone owner try out my Android in case they discover this major annoyance with text entry.

Hopefully somebody knows what I'm talking about. Maybe it's just a font problem, or maybe (I'm hoping) it's just a simple case of PEBKAC.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Just released Cold Fusion for this ROM, check out my sig!

veritech

I'm not sure if it was this thread or another where this was covered and I know I'm also running the risk of being griped at for not looking through the entire thread first but what is the script to fix maps? I went from Red Glass (which has maps on it working fine) to Alternate Dark and I guess for some reason maps decided to disappear and when I try to reinstall it from the marketplace it downloads then says install unsuccessful. So I tried going to the Droid X theme hoping that would fix it but it didn't. Help. Please.

kamisan

Luna theme

UPDATE

Luna Theme for LithiumMod 1.0.12
(Luna Theme was just ported and uploaded for Lithium 1.0.12 - Please email me from my website with any issues. Thank you!)

Click to visit the official Luna Theme Website
Check Out Screenshots Here

...Support An Artist...

This theme was out there before it was supposed to be, it was cool then, cooler now! Just installed over the watermark'd theme, did the new keyboard (nice) jd's 1.1 LV kernel and the bigger icon pack (im old and need it)
very nice-

will this be on rom manager with all the customization you see on other themes I wonder.

I noticed it left my custom font alone and my stagefright hack alone- very nice indeed.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
kamisan - Thanks for your comments! Yea the theme was ported by someone else when the ROM first came out and I do not personally allow that, however I have seen how popular this ROM has gotten and decided to officially support it now. I don't know if it will be on ROM manager because no one has ever contacted me about that. I would conciser that.

The Luna Theme is built as an 'add on' theme and meant to be applied as an update.zip over the stock version of Lithium, however you can always take your chances and try it out over other themes, ya never know. ENJOY IT!

listenman20

I'm not sure if it was this thread or another where this was covered and I know I'm also running the risk of being griped at for not looking through the entire thread first but what is the script to fix maps? I went from Red Glass (which has maps on it working fine) to Alternate Dark and I guess for some reason maps decided to disappear and when I try to reinstall it from the marketplace it downloads then says install unsuccessful. So I tried going to the Droid X theme hoping that would fix it but it didn't. Help. Please.

use the allinone script to remove apps(maps) then reinstall from the market.

xmguy

I tried to go from the Kangerade 5.0.9 to this rom and most of my apps and setting copied over. But some apps seemed to be missing but my Downloads market showed all was installed. So How to I move to another rom like this without loosing apps?

kamisan

kang to lith

I took mine and my wifes from kang to lith- did market hack originally and all apps showed up, after a few theme changes skipped the market hack as it allows apps that just don't work on 2.2 also-

Noticed on my wifes that clearing cache and data on market then re running downloads found A TON of apps to update that were not showing up, did it on mine (Ive jumped themes more often than socks) and it found two that it previously did not and all the ones I uninstalled no longer show as available (except for paid apps I uninstalled) (yea paying then uninstalling would hurt if they were not .99 apps)

Had the map issue when I first went to kang, but Iv'e used the fix's I found once with ADB and later with terminal emulator- (prior to the cool add ons in lith)

and another luna theme plug-
loving the look of this and new keyboard (under goodies download on the luna page)

veritech

use the allinone script to remove apps(maps) then reinstall from the market.
That doesn't work. When I try to remove it it says failure.

Sent from my Moto Droid using Tapatalk

InfernoX51

You can do it in root explorer too. Go to /system/app, mount r/w, delete the maps apk file and reboot. One rebooted, reacquire maps app from market.

veritech

You can do it in root explorer too. Go to /system/app, mount r/w, delete the maps apk file and reboot. One rebooted, reacquire maps app from market.

Its not in there. I don't know whats going on. I really don't want to but I may just have to wipe data and reflash the rom.

kamisan

removing belligerent maps

In all the lith mod's there is absolute system app included, it has app management, it will remove the maps app for you so you can re-install it from market. If you use TA utility to move cache and you moved all the items it lets you move I have seen that cause crashes, market and browser cache are pulled on boot and if there in SD they are not being seen on boot (SD is still being recognized)

But in short use the absolute system app 'app management' (choose the - symbol) wait for the apps to show, choose what you want removed-

If market does not show maps, clear cache in system then check it again.

if that doesnt work let me know I can email the apk to you.
[email protected]

veritech

In all the lith mod's there is absolute system app included, it has app management, it will remove the maps app for you so you can re-install it from market. If you use TA utility to move cache and you moved all the items it lets you move I have seen that cause crashes, market and browser cache are pulled on boot and if there in SD they are not being seen on boot (SD is still being recognized)

But in short use the absolute system app 'app management' (choose the - symbol) wait for the apps to show, choose what you want removed-

If market does not show maps, clear cache in system then check it again.

if that doesnt work let me know I can email the apk to you.

[email protected]
The maps app is not on my phone. Ive tried absolute system and the allinone script they do nothing for me. The app is simply not on my phone and will not install from the market or my sd card.

listenman20

since doing the allinone script have you tried to clear data and cache from market? sounds like even tho it said it failed, that it did uninstall maps...

Status
Not open for further replies.