[ROM Release] AngelRom v0.5 5/5/2011

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
Thanks wozzy, I never even bothered to look for settings. The d2g scene is getting exciting with all the upcoming goodies to look forward to. This rom is so sexy, I can't wait to see an Angelic Ginger.

Sent from my Angelic D2G using DroidForums

Connorskates

Reaction score
Thanks alot

This is the first Rom flash I have done on my phone. It has went 100% smoothly all my apps/data are installing smoothly. Thanks Very much for releasing this my old Android software seemed to be out of date even though my phone is brand new. Thanks its working smoothly ill be on the look out for more updates! Thanks Again!

kickyindahead

Reaction score
Infinite Chaos works with Angel Rom v0.5

I did not build this theme nor do i take any credit for it! The original builder of this theme is es0tericcha0s!

Some people have asked for themes that work with Angels Rom and I posted a screen shot in the sticky of the theme i was using . Also there was a request for it in another forum but i couldnt find the exact topic of where the last request was.

This theme was originally for Fission rom but as seeing that fission themes work well with Angels rom I gave it a try and it works flawlessly, although with fission I could never get the market to work but for some reason with Angels rom it worked for me.

Now, there are some issues with this theme that have bugged me, but i still continue to use this theme. These issues include : dark text on black windows that make it hard to read what your typing sometimes (depending on the surrounding light), pop up menus are grey text on black... and i believe those are the worst of my annoyances.

So, Now for the Disclaimer:
I MYSELF NOR THE BUILDER OF THIS THEME ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ISSUES, MALFUNCTIONS OR COMMUNICABLE DISEASES THAT MAY HAPPEN TO YOUR DEVICE IF YOU USE THIS THEME. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Download theme: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26111216/D2GCha0sBeta2-1.zip

Also .. Remember, this is just a beta copy of this theme. It was intended to be released to the public but never was. I was contacted by the builder of this theme and was asked to release it.

If you have problems with the market, you can contact me via pm or google chat and I will send you a copy of the theme without the market.

Also if you happen to like this theme and are generous enough... donations to es0tericcha0s would be greatly appreciated but ARE NOT required. You can donate here:
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/w...63663d3faee8d5863a909c4bb5aee2fcbfe698ea9bfbc

For those that asked for this ... sorry it took so long to get this out.

kickyindahead

Reaction score
Any chance you could post the link to this theme? Im really having a hard time figuring out which themes are safe to use with AngelROM. Any help is much appriciated.

I will have to ask the guy that did this theme .. it was supposed to be for d2g fission and it was never released .. when i was testing it i had market issues that for the life of me i couldnt figure out how to fix.. but for some reason with Angel's rom .. everything works like it should .. if he will allow me to share this i will pm you a link to the download for this theme ..

I also like your theme. If you got chance place include me in pm list.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Sorry it took so long to get this theme out to the public... builder of the theme just contacted me and asked me to make it public... you can find it in my most recent post
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ge...chaos-works-angel-rom-v0-5-a.html#post1510751

Reaction score
When I ran this rom I got soft resets every 5-10 minutes. So I went back to liberty

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Either you flashed straight from liberty (try flashing from stock) or you didn't wipe date or cache. No way this should happen.

Try both.

I just tried this and there was no change. I have even (while I haven't touched it for several minutes) seen it reboot. I am going to stick with liberty for a while.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
Hey Angel, I have tried a couple of the fission themes and just now went back to your rom without adding any mods. I am going to try this for a couple of days and see if it increases performance. Just wondering though if you or anyone else could confirm that themeing reduces performance and/or battery. The only thing I am interested in is a black status bar because of how I set my backgrounds and what-not. I think either way I am just gonna wait until u release themes. Personally, I would take just a black status bar with no other mods. Just a thought.

OP
13th angel

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
It reduces performance but only a little. It will probably be getting close to 1.0 before i get started on theming. Still need to tweak some first and i dont see the point in theming just to redo it soon after.

Need to find out whats up with the reboots. I've had several today alone. Kinda swamped with school work right now so it will be a few days before i can mess with it.

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
No rush m8, I will wait patiently for updates and themes because this is truly my fav so far and I haven't had any reboot issues yet. Just a little buggy when running some of the fission themes. When you are ready to start themeing, may I request a simple black bar addon with nothing else? Everything else is just right and that is literally the only thing I would like to see. Great job so far either way.

OP
13th angel

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more... this rom is perfectly stable. :)

Now if only can find a way to install the stock 3G Hotspot app from moto/verizon :S it would be perfect!

anyone? :)

Just looked into this (sorry for the delay), you should just be able to install the apk like anything else. I cant find the apk for it but if you have a stock backup then you can restore it, grab the apk from /system/apps and put it on sd card, flash back to this then install from sd card.

snowride20

Reaction score
@ kickyindahead - Hey thanks for doing the leg work and getting this theme out there. Dont know if I did something wrong (kinda new to this) but im having some problems. I was already running AngelROM but i decided to wipe data and cache and reflash the ROM so it was a clean install. Before reboot I flashed the Infinite Chaos theme and nothing else. I then rebooted and all seemed well till I realized the Market app did not install this time. I had to restore my backup of AngelROM because there are so many apps I just cant live without. Any way to get the market app back?. Otherwise I would love to give this theme a go for a little while. Again I definitly appriciate the work to get this theme out to the community since we have so little to work with as far as ROM's and themes, and I am not willing to lose my sensors to use certian ROM's currently out there.

@13thAngel - I love the ROM so far, Battery life seems improved even if only a little bit. I use my phone pretty heavily watching video's and listening to music amongst many other things while at work to keep myself occupied. The phone has been off the charger for 13 hours today and I have listened to music, made calls, watched video's, made a back up, flashed a ROM, and restored and im still at 15 percent battery. I have only had 1 or 2 reboots so far and I installed this the day you made the download link available. The reboots were pretty random and im really not sure what caused them but thanks for the great work and I look foward to future development. I would be happy to test any future ROMs for you.

joeyx2

Reaction score
One thing I noticed is when I tried to send a audio file to a friend throw text nothing showed in attachment for audio. Tried to send through root explore but the file still did not show up.

Had to of been the theme I installed from fission I think. Install chaos theme and it was good.

Last edited:

volsfan1965

Reaction score
infinite chaos and angelrom awesome combination

I will have to ask the guy that did this theme .. it was supposed to be for d2g fission and it was never released .. when i was testing it i had market issues that for the life of me i couldnt figure out how to fix.. but for some reason with Angel's rom .. everything works like it should .. if he will allow me to share this i will pm you a link to the download for this theme ..

I also like your theme. If you got chance place include me in pm list.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Sorry it took so long to get this theme out to the public... builder of the theme just contacted me and asked me to make it public... you can find it in my most recent post
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ge...chaos-works-angel-rom-v0-5-a.html#post1510751

I installed angelrom yesterday, battery wasnt what I thought it would be but I added this theme today and I love it. Thank you angel awesome job and thanks to the arthour of this theme.

volsfan1965

kickyindahead

Reaction score
@ kickyindahead - Hey thanks for doing the leg work and getting this theme out there. Dont know if I did something wrong (kinda new to this) but im having some problems. I was already running AngelROM but i decided to wipe data and cache and reflash the ROM so it was a clean install. Before reboot I flashed the Infinite Chaos theme and nothing else. I then rebooted and all seemed well till I realized the Market app did not install this time. I had to restore my backup of AngelROM because there are so many apps I just cant live without. Any way to get the market app back?. Otherwise I would love to give this theme a go for a little while. Again I definitly appriciate the work to get this theme out to the community since we have so little to work with as far as ROM's and themes, and I am not willing to lose my sensors to use certian ROM's currently out there.

Actually, I had a similar problem when flashing this theme. When I tried to make a back up of the rom/theme combo... when i restored that back up after messing around with the phone a bit, my market was broken. What I found worked best for me was to flash back to my stock rooted backup, flash angels rom and then the theme and everything seemed to work out just fine .. i havent messed with my phone since until today when trying to get Woztastic goin on my phone... hope that helps!

clouse2013

Reaction score
Mine did the same type of thing with the market when i flashed the blackout theme from fission. I tried to flash the black themed market from fission afterwards and it was still broken. Now, i flashed the market first, then the theme. Seems to be working just fine now.

Scan1on

Reaction score
idk at first i loved this rom but now its starting to get to me, flashed sbf, updated OTA, erased data/cache, installed rom, worked great.... however, the more and more i use it, the more and more i find problems...

sometimes when i get a text and i go to unlock my phone it literally takes 10+ seconds for it to load up my homescreen after unlocking

also, im getting all kinds of soft reboots, whether im touching my phone or not, they usually appear after getting texts...