[ROM] [ROM] Xtreme Outcast - 2-21-2012 ICS 4.0.3 v1.7 With Nightly Themes

SleazyClown

Reaction score
or am i just putting it to a temp folder on the pc and saving the rest of the ics-4 folder to the sd card?

OP
MrSmith317

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
You want the whole zip file(not folder) on the sdcard and you want to just extract the single boot.img file to anywhere on your PC, however I'd suggest the same directory as fastboot. Then wipe data and cache, flash the ROM in AmonRa(use the install zip from SDcard option), reboot into HBOOT, flash the kernel using fastboot, and reboot into the phone like normal.

SleazyClown

Reaction score
Been loving this rom so far but I have had an issue with the 4g connection. Whenever I do something that drops the
4g connection,(ie: airplane mode, connecting to wifi), I can't reconnect to the 4g network until i do a battery pull. Has anyone else had/is having this problem? Is there anyway to fix it? Thanks.

OP
MrSmith317

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Been loving this rom so far but I have had an issue with the 4g connection. Whenever I do something that drops the
4g connection,(ie: airplane mode, connecting to wifi), I can't reconnect to the 4g network until i do a battery pull. Has anyone else had/is having this problem? Is there anyway to fix it? Thanks.

I didn't have any problems with this ROM(other than the ones caused by the latest firmware). So I can't really say. I had to get on and off of 3.0 pretty quickly.

SleazyClown

Reaction score
There is no longer an option to set either charge or disk drive mode when I connect to pc. How do I make it so that I can upload stuff from my phone to comp(videos, pics, etc) I tried turning on usb mass storage but it did nothing. I also had the USB Storage mounted. Ideas?

OP
MrSmith317

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
There is no longer an option to set either charge or disk drive mode when I connect to pc. How do I make it so that I can upload stuff from my phone to comp(videos, pics, etc) I tried turning on usb mass storage but it did nothing. I also had the USB Storage mounted. Ideas?

Depending on what version you have you will need widgetsoid which is included in the ROM to give you the choices. It's listed in the ROM's thread on XDA. [ROM] 3-11-2012 ICS 4.0.3 v3.0 - xda-developers

iamrambootious

Reaction score
i am having an issue. probably user error but i did a full wipe coming from a previous rom. flashed this rom, got the xtreme outcast screen wiping installing, etc. all went through fine but when i reboot it sits at the htc start screen (white background, green HTC logo). i was very excited to use this rom and now im a little bummed. haha

OP
MrSmith317

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you flash the kernel? This ROM was meant for older firmware. I think it was based on the old 3.14.605.5 firmware so it might not play well since it hasn't been updated post-OTA.

iamrambootious

Reaction score
everytime i have the ph98img.zip in the root it blocks me out of my bootloader saying Parsing...[sd zip] boot[1]. it updates and says press power to reboot and same thing happens everytime. i dont know if i have a bad zip or if its the wrong one to flash because i also have the boot.img but i pulled that out.

Last edited:
OP
MrSmith317

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Using the PH98IMG.zip method will do that. Once you flash the kernel you need to remove the file from your SD. Otherwise you won't be able to access recovery/HBOOT

sawyer60

Reaction score
i am having issues! i cannot get a mobile network connection after installing this rom. i have restored and re installed this rom and still got the same outcome. i like the feel of this rom and i would really like this to work! i also cant get it to restore because the clockwork mod keeps sayin that the MD5 is mismatched. please help
:blink:

Bpowder33

Reaction score
Honestly, don't install clockworkmod on the Rezound. It has issues and may cause you more heart/headache than it's worth.

Use amonra recovery! Every dev recommends it on the Rezound when flashing roms.

OP
MrSmith317

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
i am having issues! i cannot get a mobile network connection after installing this rom. i have restored and re installed this rom and still got the same outcome. i like the feel of this rom and i would really like this to work! i also cant get it to restore because the clockwork mod keeps sayin that the MD5 is mismatched. please help
:blink:

As already stated, use AmonRa AND make sure you're flashing the kernel as well as the ROM.

alabamaprince

Reaction score
I'm a problem with installing the rom. i can't connect to 3g/4g after instillation. I've tried and install the kennel but recovery wont let me( using Amor) please help