[Rumor] Leaked ICS Update Schedule for Rezound, RAZR/MAXX & Xoom

shanimal92

Reaction score
hopefully its true. I rooted my moms phone and put on cleanROM 4.3 ICS, but the battery life is terrible. she REALLY doesnt want to go back to GB though.

npro1464

Reaction score
Thats what they want, they want to drag out the older phone updates so it forces the people with the obsolete phones to upgrade to new ones if they want the most recent software.

Typically we're able to circumvent this silliness by having a developer create a ROM with the current Google OS for our phone. But the Thunderbolt is such a POS that you CAN'T make a rom, something about radios, idk. All I know is I'm sick of Sense, my phone is a bulky as all hell (without the extended batt on it), I could barely see my phoen in the sun bc the resolution sux, and the devs dropped support like a hot potato once the Nexus came around. I'm going to have to be patient, I know. Serenity now!!

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Reading into this further, it seems that it is simply implying that the ICS soak test for the RAZR will be occuring during the week of April 24th. It starts on the 19th.

It's very possible that the Bionic may have a soak test that begins a week or two after the RAZR's (to avoid having too many soak tests at one time) and thus doesn't fall during this particular week.

The chart for the week of May 1st may look completely different.

marlonvps

Reaction score
When it come to Verizon updating their devices, all us customers are on the same boat too bad it has to be the titanic

philnolan3d

Reaction score
Well I just got my RAZR Maxx today, If this is true I've got about 3 weeks to get used to it's Gingerbread varient before getting used to a new system again. lol

Adam74

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
It would be nice, but I'm not going to loose any sleep waiting for it. June 1st another rumor will begin anyways, if not for ICS then JB or koolaid cake or whatever... Until then, i will just enjoy what I have and wait for the next Best Buy memo.

jayman350

Reaction score
What bugs me the most about being left behind with these updates is that the Bionic really is a great device...now that they have gotten (most of) the bugs worked out of it. This phone was released with a ton of bugs and behind schedule. Rightfully, this left a bad taste in people's mouths regarding the Bionic. They should have just dropped the Bionic name and fixed the things that needed to be fixed BEFORE they released the phone. But b/c the Bionic's name was out there for so long and Moto had at least 3 more phones in the pipeline behind it, they just released it and said "oh we'll just fix it later". Updates have happened, but not in a timely manner, and ICS has been promised for this device we just have no idea when it will come.

I really could care less about getting the "official" ICS from VZW/Moto, except for the fact that all of the ICS roms out there have issues due to kernel incompatibility, which I am 100% positive could be fixed by someone outside of Moto if the bootloader was unlocked...but that is a rant for a different time

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
That Thunderbolt update does not look like ICS. Every AOSP rom is 100+ mb, and Sense roms are over 300. Just a regular Bug update I guess. That sucks.

And there is a very functional AOSP ICS Rom for the Thunderbolt, there's just no data, SMS or calls. The Dev said if he reaches his goal in donations, he'll lock himself in his room and try to get the RIL working (the link between the phone and VZW network I assume), but has no guarantees. I load it up in Boot Manager a lot to play around on it, data is the last hurtle in making it a DD.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
A new ICS leak for the RAZR/MAXX is out, and it's around the size as the one mentioned on the screenshot in the OP. It requires you to be on the latest OTA that was just released earlier this week in order to update, so it looks like this is the version currently being tested.

rpdonald

Reaction score
While I feel for the bionic/tbolt owners, of course the RAZR and Rezound are going to be updated first. They, along with the Gnex, represent the top tier phones that Verizon carries.

The phones that are still moving out the door are going to get first priority. It sucks, but its all about the all mighty dollar and Verizon is not going to make any by pushing ICS to phones that people aren't buying anymore.

Bottom line is that we just need to be patient, ICS will be with us all eventually.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

sava700

Reaction score
I know it says around 25th for the Maxx...but has anyone seen the update yet early?

mbell75

Reaction score
So has the rezound get it update yet???

Nope. It was just another stupid rumor. It literally take about 5 minutes to make one of these, slap a "confidential" across it and upload it. Such a joke. Unless you hear something DIRECTLY from Verizon and/or Motorola, its BS.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
If you have a Rezound and want ICS just install the latest leak. I did and I couldn't be happier. My phone has never been faster or smoother. No bugs at all so far.