Samsung Galaxy Note 7 : replacement Discussion

Allen_Jolynn0

Reaction score
Website
phongnhaexplorer.com
I am going to start this thread so people can post when they got their replacement? what type of problems they facing during replacement.

Please specify the following information regarding your replacement.

Carrier?
Any difference in the boxes?
Store or via mail?
Location? (city / state)

Note 7 owners have a few different options when it comes to the recalled Note 7.
Thanks!

Last edited:

ngt

Reaction score
Just got mine today. Verizon from best buy. Just a heads up, the guy at best buy told me I'm getting charged twice by Verizon for the $40 activation fee. Once when I first got a note 7 and once now. He said it was out of his hands. I called Verizon and they said their system automatically cancels it because it's a recall. If it were me though, i'd call in anyways just to make sure.

jp6304

Reaction score
Just got mine today. Verizon from best buy. Just a heads up, the guy at best buy told me I'm getting charged twice by Verizon for the $40 activation fee. Once when I first got a note 7 and once now. He said it was out of his hands. I called Verizon and they said their system automatically cancels it because it's a recall. If it were me though, i'd call in anyways just to make sure.
They tried to charge me an upgrade fee in a Verizon store. I refused to pay it and they took it off. I originally preordered online where the upgrade fee is waived. Also they charged me local tax in the store which I had not paid on the 1st phone. I called in to Verizon support the next day to complain and they credited me that amount. They agreed that it should have been an even exchange given that we the customers are being inconvenienced by the recall. Probably spent about and an hour and a half in the store. Was definitely not the best experience. Wish there was an online option but Verizon told me to exchange in store.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

ngt

Reaction score
Also noticed that fast charge was on automatically now, instead of the phone asking if I wanted it on. I turned it off. My charge time went from 1:15 to 1:45

Did an update and it said, "your battery light is green, so you know you have a safe devolve" or something like that.

Last edited:

ngt

Reaction score
They tried to charge me an upgrade fee in a Verizon store. I refused to pay it and they took it off. I originally preordered online where the upgrade fee is waived. Also they charged me local tax in the store which I had not paid on the 1st phone. I called in to Verizon support the next day to complain and they credited me that amount. They agreed that it should have been an even exchange given that we the customers are being inconvenienced by the recall. Probably spent about and an hour and a half in the store. Was definitely not the best experience. Wish there was an online option but Verizon told me to exchange in store.

I was charged $11 on the exchange. They said it was because I had already had the phone under the geek squad coverage for a month and that amount came out of the refund. So when i had to pay for the 2 years of coverage, it was one month of coverage more on the price. Sounded reasonable. I think 3-4 dollars disappeared, but I'm good. Got my phone I'm glad it's over. At least for now, lol

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
No issues, basically a swap, just took time to do the Smart Switch, and swap SD Card.

Sent from my New Note 7

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
My issues..... the new back is plastic and new battery is horrid. I bought a premium device at a premium price and due to a recall ended up with a cheap feeling device with bad battery life.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Are you sure it's plastic? It's got a hollow sound as JK mentioned in another thread, but honestly I didn't tap on the old phones back.

Sent from my New Note 7

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
It's definitely different than the original. Most folks put it in a case anyways, so it's really a non-issue. But I can see Millers point too.

S5 tap'n

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Do we think the back is different because these replacement phones maybe had the bad batteries in them on the warehouse shelves originally and in the process of removing the backs to replace the batteries they broke or otherwise rendered them unusable? So they used plastic backs as inexpensive replacements and to make reassembly and passive future battery replacement less destructive?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Do we think the back is different because these replacement phones maybe had the bad batteries in them on the warehouse shelves originally and in the process of removing the backs to replace the batteries they broke or otherwise rendered them unusable? So they used plastic backs as inexpensive replacements and to make reassembly and passive future battery replacement less destructive?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
That may be but part of the allure and cost to the device was the premium material. A plastic back to me is like comparing a Cadillac to a Volkswagen

OP
A

Allen_Jolynn0

Reaction score
Website
phongnhaexplorer.com
Replaced Samsung Galaxy Note 7 devices still having battery issues reported to a local television news network. in South Korea known as YTN reported on Thursday that recipients of replacement Galaxy Note7 devices noticed their smartphones overheating or losing power while charging.

ngt

Reaction score
My issues..... the new back is plastic and new battery is horrid. I bought a premium device at a premium price and due to a recall ended up with a cheap feeling device with bad battery life.

I didn't even notice. Popped it in my case and I'm good.
Replaced Samsung Galaxy Note 7 devices still having battery issues reported to a local television news network. in South Korea known as YTN reported on Thursday that recipients of replacement Galaxy Note7 devices noticed their smartphones overheating or losing power while charging.

If I have to take this phone back again, I'm getting something else.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
That may be but part of the allure and cost to the device was the premium material. A plastic back to me is like comparing a Cadillac to a Volkswagen

I didn't know Cadillac had a recall? Their products are crap though ;)

Sent from my New Note 7