SamuriHL's House of Bionic FAQ

josh1980

Reaction score
I used the search engine in the forum.. since this forum, afaik, has been the home for HoB. Why would I google it when I should clearly expect to find it here? But I read through the last 25+ pages of the "moot" thread. Effectively everyone with any experience with the Bionic has left the Bionic section of df.net for droidrzr.com.

Already I can see crickets around and its very quiet, dark, and cold here. I guess this effectively marks the end of the road for the Droid Bionic at droidforums.net. I guess it was a good run while it lasted. Ultimately it seems that more and more people are screwing up the good things in the world for the rest of us. Oh well.

jugstats

Reaction score
I have just used house of bionic in the past but last night when I used it I got an error now my Bionic will not boot, it is stuck now all I get is
AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Boot Failure)
0A.72

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

Invalid CG Version (CG: devtree)

I have searched all over and can not find a fix.
Please Help

Love the Bionic

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have just used house of bionic in the past but last night when I used it I got an error now my Bionic will not boot, it is stuck now all I get is
AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Boot Failure)
0A.72

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

Invalid CG Version (CG: devtree)

I have searched all over and can not find a fix.
Please Help

Love the Bionic

Support has moved here
http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/4026-samurihls-house-of-bionic/

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

tlarseth

Reaction score
Support has moved here
SamuriHL's House Of Bionic - DroidRzr.com

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

I had pointed him in the right direction, I didn't want to post a link in forums, so I sent him a PM with the link. I know there was a fix for this, but can not remember what it was, which is why I pointed him in the direction of those who can help him. I think it had to do with the version of RSD you used, I never upgraded past 5.7, I heard 6.x had issues with flashing the ROM correctly, and causing errors like this. There is an option in HoB 8.0 I do believe that can fix the AP fastboot. make sure the update is in teh root of your SDCard-ext.

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Repair AP Fastboot ERROR on the House of Bionic menu. Not sure what I need to do to make that option more obvious...

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
FAQ updated now that 246 is outed as OTA. If you choose to use the House of Bionic today, heed my warning:

WARNING: I'm *NOT* in the mood for dumbass n00b questions today. If you don't read the FAQ and OP and ask me stupid questions, you WILL NOT like my answers.

Reaction score
I have read all of the instructions and FAQ (aka not a pure noob). When I tried to install the .246 update, I got a "Status 7" error. I am on a stock .905, rooted, and have defrosted all apps. The only other change I have made to the stock is that I have installed bootstrap. Is that the cause of my Status 7 error? If so, how do I fix this (if possible, without losing data or apps)?

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Um, use the House of Bionic....since you're posting this in the House of Bionic FAQ...

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Then your RSD isn't working. Add a NORSD file and try again.

Reaction score
Tried that....same problem. Here is the full error message I'm getting:

Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("system/bin/logwrapper", "4a63fec78956def045b442910a754fa640db8f5a","16ec2444c44c8e2a73a969cb49834d6f6fe229d7")
E:error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

Does that help anyone understand where the problem lies?

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but, no. Your flashing is failing if that's what you're getting for an error. Either you're skipping the flash step (and I'm not talking about the apply update step) or it's failing and giving you errors that you aren't reporting.